FW 190 D-13/R11 W.Nr. 836017 "Yellow 10"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FlexiBull

Airman 1st Class
Feb 9, 2009
Got the Tamiya kit for Christmas and the MDC correction pack is ordered. So doing a bit of googling the FW 190D and up comes "Yellow 10".

Now there is plenty of documented information and images of the aircraft but all I have is a modellers version of the underside.

Can anyone help with a few more bits of information?
I understand that some parts were bared metal?

Any help will be gratefully received

Thanks FlexiBull

From FW-190D Walkaround by Squadron Signal:

"Yellow 10, an FW-190D-13 (836017), of I/JG 26 was the aircraft flown by Maj. Franz Goetz, the last Kommodore of the Geschwader and was surrendered at Flensburg in May of 1945. Spinner is green with a white spiral and 70 Black Green blades. The late war 'standard paint scheme' has been heavily painted over for additional ground concealment. The fuselage is 75/76 with 81/82 over sprayed. The Ace of Spades is under the cockpit on both sides of the fuselage. The Defense of the Reich band is more vertical than the fueslage extension plug. The upper wing surfaces are 83/77 primer with 81/82 over spray, while the stabilizer is 76 with 81/82 over spray. The landing gear covers are natural metal."

From FW-190D Walkaround by Squadron Signal:

"Yellow 10, an FW-190D-13 (836017), of I/JG 26 was the aircraft flown by Maj. Franz Goetz, the last Kommodore of the Geschwader and was surrendered at Flensburg in May of 1945. Spinner is green with a white spiral and 70 Black Green blades. The late war 'standard paint scheme' has been heavily painted over for additional ground concealment. The fuselage is 75/76 with 81/82 over sprayed. The Ace of Spades is under the cockpit on both sides of the fuselage. The Defense of the Reich band is more vertical than the fueslage extension plug. The upper wing surfaces are 83/77 primer with 81/82 over spray, while the stabilizer is 76 with 81/82 over spray. The landing gear covers are natural metal."

Not all of the above info is correct, based on the latest info in the newly released Dora Vol 2 from Eagle Editions, will provide further info soon!:D

Thanks guys
From what I have found out (Il-2 skinners), the under surface forward of the main spare looks light grey, then the bare metal strip, with ailerons the same as the fuselage base colour a sort of early war hellblau and the flaps appear as the same leading edge grey.

This seems very extreme

Thanks guys
From what I have found out (Il-2 skinners), the under surface forward of the main spare looks light grey, then the bare metal strip, with ailerons the same as the fuselage base colour a sort of early war hellblau and the flaps appear as the same leading edge grey.

This seems very extreme

Not really, cost saving measure, less paint and time to produce.

front section of lower wing was RLM 75 carried over from upper wing, rear half natural metal, flaps and Ailerons RLM 76.

In Kagero book about Fw190 vol.IV I have found the colour profile of the "Yellow 10". There is said the Fw 1900 was painted with RLM75/76/82/83 colours. the RLM75 painting on wings like in Wayne's info above. The underside German crosses without the white outlines.Those on top wing surfaces without the black interiors.

I've got two colour cockpit photos and one wartime photo of her in overpainted US markings - drop us your address in a Pm if you're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back