Fw-190 D-9 "Blue 12"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Here is another one of 21st Century Toys really beautiful releases in 1:32 weathered and beat to hell. I decided to do paint chipping beyond what I normally would, because after all, look at the plane. Patchwork pieces, and plus it's 1945, low fuel, dis-repair and I think I weathered the wrong side of the prop blades. Oh well. I'll just repaint them and weather them over. :oops:

Attachments

• IMG_0190.JPG
    IMG_0190.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0222.JPG
    IMG_0222.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_0219.JPG
    IMG_0219.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0209.JPG
    IMG_0209.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_0195.JPG
    IMG_0195.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_0198.JPG
    IMG_0198.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0204.JPG
    IMG_0204.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0217.JPG
    IMG_0217.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0192.JPG
    IMG_0192.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0205.JPG
    IMG_0205.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0199.JPG
    IMG_0199.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 219
  • IMG_0210.JPG
    IMG_0210.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 207
The Fw190D-9 looks great and I like it.:D but....
Don't get me wrong, but you have exaggerated a bit I'm afraid.I have a pic of the bird Werk nummer 500570 and it seems to be without these silver scratches mostly.Also the lower part of the leading edge of the fin seems to be painted with darker colour.But it is my impression only.

Oh, I know it's not historically accurate. I've seen pics of her before. But I felt like making it match it's rag-tag look. I know I went overkill but it's mainly because I couldn't find my really good brushes, and I really wanted to paint, and by the time I got to the 190, the crappy kid brushes I found crapped out on me.

I just wanted very fine chipping, but I ended up with obnoxious scratches, and decided to do the whole plane that way, with some disregard to history, which honestly, really hurt. Ugh. You see the 2nd pic? I intended to very light chipping, about like that or even less on some parts but because the brushes were a bell-shape and flared out on me, I ended up in a mess.

I'm gonna buy some new brushes tomorrow. Very fine point chisel like, tough-hair. So they actually scratch. :)

put a couple of swastikas on the tail and she will be happy............what's the scale again please ?

Oh, I know it's not historically accurate. I've seen pics of her before. But I felt like making it match it's rag-tag look. I know I went overkill but it's mainly because I couldn't find my really good brushes, and I really wanted to paint, and by the time I got to the 190, the crappy kid brushes I found crapped out on me.

I just wanted very fine chipping, but I ended up with obnoxious scratches, and decided to do the whole plane that way, with some disregard to history, which honestly, really hurt. Ugh. You see the 2nd pic? I intended to very light chipping, about like that or even less on some parts but because the brushes were a bell-shape and flared out on me, I ended up in a mess.

I'm gonna buy some new brushes tomorrow. Very fine point chisel like, tough-hair. So they actually scratch. :)

I know and I'm conscious of that it is not historically accurate.But I have wanted to pay your attention to the problem with exaggeration of the weathering.To be honest even when the time was not on the technical crews' side they kept their equippment up.Besides we should remember that everything what seems to be the effect of usage,weather conditions etc...on the real plane, on a small model can look like a dirt or dirty patches.Therefore we have to be very careful of these effects.

But as I said I like the model it is a nice work.Besides I like your idea of making these corrections.:D
Keep it on mate.:)

Wojtek

I find it a lil much also, I just kind of got "brush-happy" :lol: and well, it was like 4 am... I wasn't the best I could be. =/ My Zero is a lot better. But you live you learn, and I like it. It adds character that it wouldn't have had had I not taken the initiative at all. :D

I'm afraid I'm gonna get OCD and eventually end up weathering all of my planes. Seeing a bunch of spotless planes next to beat up plane looks wierd in my eyes. There are some I refuse to touch, that look good by themselves. I might do some EXTREMELY LIGHT chipping but that's the extent.

It looks very cool. I think the best aspect of it is the weathering at the wing roots, it makes sense there since people were walking over it all the time, and also removing the 20 mm gun covers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back