FW 190 V18 1:32 modified Dora

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fam43

Senior Airman
Feb 2, 2009
Southern Germany
Hi,
well I'm stuck to this Focke Wulf prototypes. This time I try to build The V18 with the exhaustdriven turbosupercharger.
To make things a little easier this time I use the complete Newtool Dora kit from Revell.

The original V18 U1 later U2 and at last after an accident one of the prototypes for the TA 152H. You see a very convertible plane. In a Model art publication I found these pics:

V18.jpg

V18_2.jpg

V18_3.jpg

First I cut off the enlogating part of the large Dora tail and cemented it to the fuselge. The turbocharger adapter on the right side had to go.

post-6446-1262800177.jpg

The Dora cowl part over the machine guns was replaced by the old A6/8 part. With a little modification it fitted satisfactorily. Much easier than converting the Dora part as I did in the V16 build.

FW190 V18_006.JPG

two bumps on the new cowling and anew one onthe right side for the inlet manifold of the DB 603. Almost a V13.

FW190 V18_005.jpg

I used my printed dash panel.

ad-amaturFW190-A-D-1.jpg

The completed cockpit and a Jumo 213 engine changed to DB 603 standards.

FW190 V18_002.JPG

Last edited:
Not a minute lost with you Michael! Looks great so far.

Can you give us a description of the turbo function and all the plumbing? Let's see. Annular radiator in front. Oil cooler underneath engine? Intake for supercharger under cockpit. Pipe from this to underside of enigne is comressed air from turbo I assume but pipe from exhausts looks like it bypasses everything.

Nice one Michael - you certainly know how to find complex projects! I think I have some Focke Wulf factory drawings of this aircraft, showing the internal arrangements, and possibly some more pics. I'll post what I find here.

Hi colin 1,
every drawing or pic is wellcomed. Thanks! :)

The oilcooler is finished. Only some fine sanding will be needed. The coolingflaps of the cooler are from a beer can.
The next step will be the wings because the supercharger and its piping can only be fitted when the wings are in place.

FW190 V18_008.JPG

I ran out of quarterscale P47 cowls so I had to sight my spareparts again for an oilcooler. There was an old Ju 88 from
Lindberg, no one wants to build even when forced by a gun! But the tail part delivered the desired basic structure for the cooler.

FW190 V18_009.jpg

FW190 V18_010.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back