Fw 190A-8 "Schwarze 12" 8./JG 300

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

As some of you may have seen, in our recent windfall of kits, there was a 1/32 Hasegawa Fw 190A-8 in the group. Now, this is a little ways off as I have a lot of other kits to finish first, however I'm wondering if anyone has any pictures of this particular bird. I will be getting the EE decals for it:

ec79cover.gif

EC79_Sheet_1.jpg

The only information I can find on it is as follows, and I cannot find any photos of the actual plane.

The first Fw 190 A-8 is "Black 12" of JG 300. Many modelers will recognize the striking snake design from an earlier EagleCals sheet (EC#35). The snake design was a remnant of its earlier assignment to JGr. 10. When the unit was disbanded in the spring of 1945, their aircraft were turned over to other units. In this case, JG 300 operated the aircraft from Bayreuth-Bindlach, Germany. The camouflage pattern is standard RLM 74/75/76 with blue/white/blue home defense bands.

Thanks guys.

Just got these, no photos came with them however:

EE79.jpg

The colours turned out weird with the scan, so I don't know if anyone can ID it from this picture, but what is the colour splotch behind the 12? Almost looks like RLM 02.

Haven't done a scan yet for a bigger shot...but here is a smaller shot, don't remember where I got it from....the net i'm sure!

You can just make out the snake pattern....

Attachments

• Schwarze12.jpg
    Schwarze12.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 527
it was on jg300.de till the owner nearly got his butt sued off by two frenchmen with good reason......think we know the story about the non issuance of privately copyrighted images used in the hands of the German fellow without permission, the reason the site has failed and is next to nothing now

you can always forget the snake design and just do an earlier Black 12 from 8.Sturm/JG 300 with the red fuselage band

Nice markings Cory! Re the 'blotch' (presumably the overpainted radio codes), does appear RLM 02 or similar to me too.

Interesting! Copyright can be a pain, depending on who you are!

Erich, the reason I picked the scheme was because of the snake. I was originally going to do a JGr 10 A-7, but then this kit was given to me. It'll also be easier because I won't have to do the launchers on the wings.

Do you guys have any thoughts on the splotch on the side of the plane behind the 12?

Edit: Posts crossed Evan! Thanks!

Last edited:
You sure about the colour? If you mean the 'splotch' immediately to the rear of the '2' in '12', and before, in (under), and below the centre of the cross, it appears to be the same tone as the snakes's body, and also to curl around as if it is the forked tail of the snake curling back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back