Fw-200 Kondor on the Eastern Front

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

dazzagreenwood

Recruit
Dec 10, 2006
chatham, kent UK
Hi guys
I'm researching the Eastern Front as a modelling theme. And i'm looking for any images of Fw-200 bomber's on the Eastern Front.
I know about the transport version deployed there to re-supply Stalingrad, but I can't find anything about the bomber version being deployed on the Eastern Front.

The Condor was primarily used for long range anti-shipping/recon, with some light cargo and personnel transport. Her bomb load was light, her defensive armament and armor was light and she was a very fragile craft. All of this taken into account, this is not an aircraft one wants to be flying where there are a lot of people shooting at you just to drop a few bombs.
Here is a link with some more Condor data

uboat.net - Technical pages

Chris
Images and Illustrations at
http://www.printroom.com/pro/ShepArtStudio

The Fw 200 had good potential for a starting point for further development of a heavy bomber - but the german war magnates determined the heavy bomber as not fitting their needs. I dig the avatar though!

mkloby
Love your Osprey photo, I want to design and build a giant scale of her but am having a rough time finding good 3-views or drawings of her. Got any good ideas, I have picked the internet clean, written several people at Boeing and Bell, no responce!
Thanks, Charlie

mkloby
Love your Osprey photo, I want to design and build a giant scale of her but am having a rough time finding good 3-views or drawings of her. Got any good ideas, I have picked the internet clean, written several people at Boeing and Bell, no responce!
Thanks, Charlie

Well considering he flies the Osprey, you are talking to the right person...

I don't believe that Fw 200 was ever used as bomber in the East. Only time it was deployed in that theater (as much as I know) was in Stalingrad airlift in transport role. I will look trough my archives for some pictures. If I find any I will post them here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back