fw190F-8

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ellis995

Staff Sergeant
Mar 15, 2009
Easington Lane UK
Hi guy's and girls

Started to Hand paint the parts of the FW190F-8. Started to paint the cockpit and seat.
Here is a cheeky question :?:
Since i don't have the proper decals, would it bother you SG,JG experts :oops: if i did the F-8 in desert colours

revell fw190 f-8.jpg

Should we expect this to be done by weeks end?? :lol::lol::lol:

Take it slow and ask for advice if you need it, everyone is here for you!

Me too. Enter it in the MTO Group Build Keith. That gives you four months in which to build and paint it, and you can ask questions along the way to help, possibly even have some cash to spend on decals by the time you need them.
By taking your time, with care and patience, you'll get a much better model, and this kit deserves it. The standard of the finished model should be much higher, and there will be nothing to be ashamed about - it's the taking part as much as anything elses that is the whole idea of the GB's.
If you feel the need to rush to finish it, then you can always start on another kit, to 'satisfy the urge'! As Wojtek has said, modelling is not a race and, although there is often the urge to want to get a kit finished, by taking your time, and paying attention to detail, your skills will improve enormously, and you'll get a lot more value for money from each kit you build. It will mean that, for, say £15, you could get a month or more of entertainment and pleasure building and painting one kit, rather than rushing it, and spending another £30 on two more kits to 'bash out' in a week each. This will allow your budget for modelling to be much more effective, as a years worth of modelling will only cost you about a quarter of what it's costing now. That's the equivalent of an airbrush, a compressor, some tools, paints etc etc.

A BIG thanks guy's for the talk, etc.:oops:

I will take my time with this one.

Terry i WILL take up a GB, but not just yet, as i haven't the confidence and also i don't have all the right paints,putty, plastic card etc,etc.:oops:

just paint it dark green and brown-violet as that will work for late war ground attack crates............ throw some foliage debris to make it look weathered and continued camo'd on some vacant grass/forest strip in Germany for spring of 45.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back