Gaming ? 720i/1080i

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

javlin

2nd Lieutenant
Nov 20, 2007
MS
What is the exact difference and effects on gaming guys?Thinking of getting the boy a 720i 32" Emerson over his old analog or should I just spend the xtra $100 + for a 1080i?

Probably not much noticeable difference unless your games come on BluRay disks. Heck, your HD channels on cable are only 720p. Basically, upgrading will get you set up for the future, if/when HD channels start broadcasting in 1080, but if you don't have BluRay, its just gonna give him bragging rights. It'll still look the same.

Thks RA I did not know if there be much difference with XBOX 360 and the PS2.Kevin

As far as I know, neither of those has BluRay. PS3 does, though. Games will still look the same, but movies will be noticeably better.

1080i will look better although 720i will still look good as well. Won't see much difference in non-HD formats (PS2) but it should improve the 360 and will give future upgradability. The 360 is HD (all the games are) so it will look much better. Just looked here (http://www.xbox.com) and it says the 360 supports 1080i so it would be worth it.

Last edited:
Kewl. Didn't know the 360 did HD. Thought that was on the PS3 only. Thanks for the info!

Basically, any picture/graphics is only going to be as good as the worst piece of equipment you have. If you have a 1080 TV and are running standard DVD's, you're going to get standard DVD quality. If you have a 720 TV and try to play BluRay or HD games, you're going to get 720 quality.

Thks for the info guys.I tried to order online @4am yesterday already out of stock.I went to WalMart at 5am had the TV by 5:05am and started looking around at all these White Boxed TV's people had and went Sh!t two letters off from the sales add number,I get back there too the pallet and it's GONE @5:15am,58 TVs gonza.Maybe for the better now will look for a 1080i at a good price,Thks again Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back