GB 19'Nose Art' Extension.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Airframes

Benevolens Magister
Aug 24, 2008
Cheshire, UK
As a couple of members have been delayed in completing their models, due to circumstances beyond their control, there will be a a one week extension to this GB. The finish date will now be Sunday, 8th December.
But, may I once again request that models for one GB are finished, or very near completion, before starting the next GB entry. I do realise that the enthusiasm for a new project prompts one to get 'stuck in', but remember, the overlap between GBs is supposed to be to allow time for research, preparation and obtaining needed items, not the commencement of the build proper. Nothing wrong with starting the build as soon as the GB commences, but more and more entries from the previous GB are being left unfinished due to starting the new projects. So please, try to finish one before starting another!

Aye I'll have to agree to that, since a lot of my projects end up being hung up once life kicks in, and I'm out for the current GB, once winter hits, theres no way for me to airbrush :(

I just got the replacement parts for my 1/32 Hobbyboss Spitty vb Jan's Donald Duck. I hope I have enough time to finish it. I don't want to rush it and mess things up

Much appreciated.................... but...... this one is myown fault!

Last time my source in the States was able to turn around my decal order in a few days. So...... I bluddy well waited too bluddy long and he turned into a persnickity........ let's just say he was a little put out. So it took me a while to find another source. This one requires 7 days, and I was a little unfamiliar with his requirements, so having to do a bit of rework it's run into too close to the deadline. He seems a little more relaxed about the whole thing. But having been in business myself for 18 years, I know what it's like to have someone give you the heebee jeebees with a rush job through no fault but his own. "Poor Planning on your part does not constitute an Emergency on my part".

So we shall see what happens.

Thank you, due to a weird work schedule and personal issues, (read, "I drinks a bit"), I can sure use the extra time. I agree that sometimes the allure of a fresh kit (Ah, the aroma of a newly opened box!) gets the better of me, and I have pushed a few in just under the wire. No excuses, I have too many builds going on at once, my fault entirely. To my shame, I have even pulled out my U.S.S. Oregon that I have been working on (and off) since 2001. I would hang my head, but I actually have no conscience.
But, Gentlemen, I give you the F-86, and I promise to be true to her in word and deed, until she is done.

I surely appreciate the extra days, as a Judge I did not expect special treatment, but asked none the less for the extra time in the hope of a positive response, if it was to be No then I would have accepted it, I have not touched my other 2 current builds the D-9 and G-2 the past fortnight so that any time available would be spent to complete this GB, again thanks for the extra time Fellas....the fantastic good natured spirit of this forum continues to shine...!

OH, kinda tyhe opposite of EGOR
Enthusiasm generates overwhelming results.........

OR.... when starting up new machinery....
The probability of failure, is directly proportional to the number, and importance of those in attendance!

I feel kinda l left out, It's usually me cramming the last week to finish a build or three, and here I am with my entry finished for over a month now. Makes me feel like I should be starting another one :lol:

I did not expect any extension of the GB, I began several projects following some layers of varnish but let stand the soil enough to prevent not hold or skip treatment.
but once that time is over and I resumed waiting time as it has happened in all or nearly all the GB.
dates are the dates and if not should not come to extend the dates at least I'm not in favor. That if you appreciate the extra time to finish the safe plane just before it extended maximum time today I've finished the weatering even though I have not taken pictures.

I feel kinda l left out, It's usually me cramming the last week to finish a build or three, and here I am with my entry finished for over a month now. Makes me feel like I should be starting another one :lol:

Two things are possible Glenn. 1) Take it all apart and rebuild it, or 2) just drop it from 10 feet and Repair it.
Glad to be of help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back