GB 29 - Feb 1st-Jun 5th 2016....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

John, having built the 1/32 ZM Ta152H-1 the 1/48 version is pretty much identical in parts and construction, see GB13 for my build.
Take things carefully and lots of dry fitting and you should be ok with it.
The Trimaster/Dragon Ta152's are certainly much easier builds,
I actually have the 1/48 ZM Ta-152 out to look at as this was a consideration for the coming GB....I am also looking at Rocket armed Fw190A-8 and D-9....

I When you finish with the two I have not before I put it here with Italeri 1/72 dornier do217 m2 in the winter of 1944 during the Battle of the Bulge

and if perhaps I had time I have other models as a Siebel 204a, caproni German ca314, Arado ar96a / b, heinkel he111h6 or h24, tempest MKv, spitfire MkIX, p-51d, p47 m / n, and endless more planes

I'll definitely refer to your 1/32 Ta-152, Wayne! Hopefully, this modular construction doesn't have too many glitches! Lots of great ideas percolating here... time to start jumping in!

This build is going to be huge. Barely 12 hours into the first day and four kits promised with the potential for lots more. Big scope for some really interesting stuff.

John...tell your Ta-152 pilot to leve my B-17 alone!!

What to do ?
I really need to get the Stirling done for the museum commission, and finish the Spit and both Starfighters, plus final bits on a couple of other models. My hands and wrists have been to darned stiff to do any modelling for the last month or more, but I might jump in, eventually, with one of the following (maybe two, if the builds progress well.)
Please feel free to suggest which one - or two !

All in 1/48th scale.

RAF Mitchel III (B-25J), Melsbroek, Belgium, October 1944.
Typhoon, Holland, October 1944.
Mosquito FB.VI, late 1944 or March 1945.
B-24J, Bungay, Summer 1944.
Lancaster, 625 Sqn, July 1944.

The last two are 'outsiders', as it'll take a long time to build and finish either, and I'd need to find room to display the finished model !
For ease, and relative speed of the build, either of the first two are favourite, and have been planned for some time.

I would love to see a Mosquito in this GB, Terry but anything that you can contribute would be great! Jeff, my Ta152 is just trying to provide defensive cover, tell your B-17 to stop bombing my airfield!

After (how many?) unfinished entries, I'm going to 'keep it simple stupid'.

1:72 North American P-51K Mustang, No.3 Sqn. RAAF, Italy 1944, new tool kit, 1980's markings.

(later maybe a 486 (NZ) Sqn Tiffie if I can pull this off...)

Question:
How the *hell* do you create threads now? I don't understand the new site format at all - won't let me type past 'User name:A4k'.

Cheers,
Evan

Evan, if you open the folder for the #29 Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII you can find a blue button on right at the top and bottom corner of your screen. It is for creating of a new thread.

Too many unfinished entries on my part too Evan...
However, I am considering few options for this GB (all in 1/72 scale): Hungarian Me 210 (Italeri kit), Croatian Bf 109G-14 (new AZ Model kit), Yak-3 (Zvezda snap kit), Ju 87B captured by Yugoslav Partisans (also Zvezda snap kit)...
Decisions, decisions...

I haven't any idea regarding this GB... Too many choices !!! :D
La-7 Y. Kozhedub - La-7 A. Aleljuchin - P-51D J. C. Meyer - P-51D J. J. Voll - P-51D G. E. Preddy - Spitfire VIII L. C. Wade - Spitfire IX H. W. McLeod - Spirfire IX P. Clostermann - Spitfire IX J. A. Plagis - P-47D M. B. Gladych - P-47D D. C. Schilling - Fw 190A-6 H. Adameit - Fw 190A-8 F. Eisenach - Fw 190A-8 R. Weiss - Fw 190A-8 H. Wernicke - Fw 190D-9 H. Marquardt - Fw 190D-9 K. Tanzer - Mustang III S. Skalski - Bf 109G-6 A. Hafner - Tempest V P. Clostermann
I think it will be probably a Fw 190D-9...

Would love to see some Doras! I'm planning to do a 1/32 Dora for my 2nd entry into this GB. My intended scheme will be Yellow 11 of 2/JG2...

ec21cover_2.gif

I think I will have two entries side by side build both being Jugs in 1/32 one Hase the other the Trump dorsal fin order some items today the decals below Quickboost engine for the Hase along with the Eduard copit kit.
caesar.jpg
girl.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back