<-- GB 32 -Twin Engined Aircraft of WWII Discussion Thread

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

T Bolt

Colonel
Mar 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
Its coming up soon so I thought Id start this thread.

I have so many possibilities in my stash I don't know where to begin

1/48

Do-17Z (Hobbycraft)

He-111 (Monogram)

Ju-88A-4 (Hobbycraft)

Me-262A-2a (Tamiya)

Bf-110G-2 (Revell)

Me-410B (Revell)

Diniah (Tamiya)

Meteor F.1 (Tamiya)

A-20G (AMT)

A-20B/C (AMT)

P-70 (AMT)

B-26 (Monogram)

9MA Flying Wing (Sword)

N1-m Jeep Flying Wing (Sword)

1/72

Do-17E (Airfix)

He-111H-6 (Hasagawa)

He-177A-5 (Revell)

Me-262B-1a (Revell)

SM.79 (Italeri)

Blenheim I (Airfix)

Blenheim IV (Airfix)

Hampton (Airfix)

Whitley Mk. V (Modelcraft)

Anson Mk. I (Airfix)

Maryland (Eastern Express)

Nakajima Kikka Jet (MPM)

C-46 (William Bros.)

DC-3 (Airfix)

V-173 Flying Pancake (Sword)

Quite the selection Glenn. Not sure some of those experimentals would qualify as WW2 but you have lots of others. The Me410 would be nice to see.

I am in a similar position though not as many choices. Top of the list would be an RCAF Beaufighter by Tamiya with Aviaeology decals.

Wow Glenn, you have so many choices! The Dinah sounds interesting to me. I have nothing on the shelf so I'd have to go out and buy something and nothing is really jumping out and saying BUILD ME! Right now I am considering an Academy 1/48 P-38 in Olive Drab Pacific Theater markings and going to the full menu aftermarket route. Too bad the Eduard special edition boxings are no longer available.

You must be psychic John, the Dinah is near the top of my list right now along with the A-26G. Terry took some close up pictures of a Dinah in a museum sometime ago for me I'd like to be able to finally use but I still have some time to make up my mind.

I've got a B-25J, a Mosquito and a Ta 154 Mistel though I may save the last one until I get better at air brushing.....a lot better.

ww.JPG

It looks like I will be doing the Ventura but there is still a few days till it is final.
Besides the Ventura and the PBY I also have in the stash the following:

Trumpeter Wellington Mk.I
Meng Me-410
Monogram Do-335
Monogram Me-262

Not as large as some other fella's stashes but a bit of a choice.

Cheers,

jeff

Yellow Avro Anson eh? I'm ok with it as long as it's armed.;)

I forgot about the Do-335... that'd be a good subject for this build. Is this the same Monogram kit that I built as a kid nearly 40 years ago?

Glenn.. I think you should do the Dinah. I haven't seen that kit built and that is a not a common subject. And George... I think you should go for the Mistel although, technically, it has THREE engines! :twisted:

I have for this GB:

1/48
Me 262 a1
Northorp p61 a/b
Me 110 g4
Ta 154 v1 to a4
He 219 a9
Arado ar 234 b

1/72
Pv2 ventura
Wellinton mklc
He 111 h20
Caproni 313/4
He 115 c
Mistel1
Policarpov tis
Hv moskito fb mk VI
Sb2 katishuska
Si 204a
Dragon rapide
Hanriot 232/2
Pe 2 serie 32
Pbm 2-3 mariner
Betty
Dynah III kai

Last edited:
Yellow Avro Anson eh? I'm ok with it as long as it's armed.;)

I forgot about the Do-335... that'd be a good subject for this build. Is this the same Monogram kit that I built as a kid nearly 40 years ago?
Yep but I am pretty sure Tamiya has one as well and would be far superior I should think.

Jeff

I didn't even think of the P-38, I have 3 of them in the stash. I guess I should take a closer look at what's there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back