**** DONE: GB-35 1/48 F-8E Crusader - Vietnam French/American War 1950-1975 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've got more than enough things to keep me busy when I retire. the least of which is around 200 kits in the stash waiting to be built

Exactly!
I've got more than enough things to keep me busy when I retire. the least of which is around 200 kits in the stash waiting to be built
Exactly! I tell my wife this all the time, that I am not buying toys, I am buying life! These kits have to be built therefor I will have to live long enough to build them all. At this rate I should easily live to see 2100!

Kinda of a downhill topic at my house anyhow, SWMBO is dead against my early retirement. However, when I got into my room last night I seen an omen........they put me in the freakin' old guy room.

IMG_2722.jpg

Last edited:
No sponge baths but I did use the pole for extra torque. Been slowly adding and correcting things to the point of having something to show. Every thing is white on the bottom so I'm adding the landing gear and gear doors before painting. These have a pretty skookum attachment so no fears of breaking them off. I did have a problem getting the main gear to slot into the gear well and had to remove about 2-3mm from the rear of the gear well. The fit was still so tight no glue was needed. I also filled the seems inside the intake

006.JPG

The one piece horizantal stab is just push fit in for a test and by push fit I mean I darn near needed a hammer. This is great as it will allow me to mask off and paint the exhaust area without much grief, placing it later. There is also a small rectangular area ahead of the stab that is metallic. Revell neglects to show this in the painting diagrams but does show it in the decal diagram(why isn't decalling a word - the act of placing decals?)

I don't know enough about this a/c to say too much, but certainly looks like everything fits pretty snuggly Geo

Thanks all. Attached the radome and there's a step all around so a bit of mud and it'll be ready for paint.

001.JPG

I was going to attach the rocket rails to the front of the fuselage but the decals are one piece and fit under the rails

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back