GB-36 1/48 Bf-109F - Axis Manufactured Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Or this beautiful F-4/B for an in flight build, diving down to deliver its payload.
109-4-jpg.jpg

but the mount, Bf 109 F-4/B Jg 2 of Staffel Capitan Liesendahlwhich which is this one: the 1 should be in blue and the rear fin in yellow but can't find the proper pic for it today :( will try and update tomorrow
2_20-jpg.jpg

What does everyone think? :S

Hello Igor,
Just some precision. There are 2 versions of "blue 1" flown by Liesendahl:
- Bf 109F-2 (WNr.12672) flown until April 1942
- And Bf 109F-4/B (WNr.7629) flown from April 1942

IMHO, here is 7629 with 12672 rudder
Liesendahl1.jpg
Liesendahl5.jpg

And here is 7629 with repainted or new rudder (the markings start a little lower)
Liesendahl6.jpg
Good start Igor :thumbright:

There isn't enough Bacon in the world for you both thank you Le steph and Wojtek :D :D :D I've found the original canopy for the airfix kit and will make the cutting today, it is in fact an 109F-4 (the differences for the F-2 and F-4 seem neglible and depend on the author of what reference book you're using. Mostly that the MG are different and the engines, apart from that the airframe looks the same and as mentioned before :) the wheel wells, Airfix has them round).

So I'll go with an F-4, still deciding on a subject (as I have the Ministry of Small Aircraft Productions decal sheet with Liesendahl and some other options.) but will post about it tonight once I get the canopy cut and cockpit detailed a bit more. You've both made it much harder to choose now :D I think Airfix comes with the proper rack for the B version but it only has a drop tank, no bombs :( will shoot some shots later on this evening.

I think Airfix comes with the proper rack for the B version but it only has a drop tank, no bombs :(

I think I can help you if you want (or if you chose "Liesendahl")... I've a spare box full of pieces of Bf 109 in 1/48 scale all manufacturers (Hasegawa, ICM, Zvezda, Eduard etc...) and I think to find the ETC bomb rack and bombs.
I've also the kit Eduard 82114 and I will not use the decals for "blue 1"...

I think I can help you if you want (or if you chose "Liesendahl")... I've a spare box full of pieces of Bf 109 in 1/48 scale all manufacturers (Hasegawa, ICM, Zvezda, Eduard etc...) and I think to find the ETC bomb rack and bombs.
I've also the kit Eduard 82114 and I will not use the decals for "blue 1"...

I think I will have to take you up on this offer :D and also do Liesendahl, thank you so much le steph, but will send you a pm :D :D :D I'll update tomorrow with the rack I have on the airfix kit and if its the same, then just the bomb(s) perhaps.

As for the update,

Please excuse me all, school has taken up a lot of time these two days, so I'll try and update tomorrow.

Sorry all for the delay, school has taken a toll on free time, updates so far
The tub, maybe one or two extra colors here but I think it looks fine so far :)
1.jpg

2.jpg

Next the instrument panel, however you photo this can be misleading, case in point, with and without flash, it looks better in person but so far these are the best shots just a little bit more to add a red and some white + touch ups and it should be ready to go
3.jpg
4.jpg
as an example, the panel looks good but nothing highlighted, while flash is
5.jpg

The complete opposite, some sections need a bit of cleaning up but happy with the result so far.

and each side panel, little bit of touch up on each and ready to assemble the cockpit.
6.jpg
7.jpg

Thanks all for checking it out :) really happy with the Cooper Details set a wonderful addition to this aircraft.

I've been hit by a combination of cold/flu and its been rough, been working on this kit little by little but there is only so much I can do with sniffling and coughing here and there. I'll have an update on the progress by the weekend. and hope that I can finish this one by the deadline but it will be tight......HUGE Thanks to Steph as his package arrived today :) and will allow me to get the bomber variant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back