GB-38 1/48 Fw-190A-9 - Axis A/C (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good stuff Glenn, glad you got the parts you need.
Haven't built the Eduard kit, but heard and read a lot about the fit problems at engine cowlings and wing root gun bay covers, if closed.
There is probably a way of arranging spacers and supports for the fan and other visible gubbins, without mounting all the engine and other parts., but also note that Eduard kits have minimal locating pins, just one or two on the fuselage, which do not locate into holes like other kits, but sit inside the edge of the parts.
Test fitting and very careful alignment, particularly on the fuselage, is essential.

I can't figure out how to modify the title. Can a moderator please change it for Group Build #38 and move this thread to the GB 38 section.

I pulled it out of the box and did a bit of work, adding some parts to the main spar and painting it and the base coat on the cockpit.

IMG_2795.JPG
IMG_2796.JPG

Good stuff Glenn.
I took some detail shots of the FW190 at Cosford, being allowed to look into the wheel bays and the ETC rack etc. If you think they might be of use, let me know, and I'll e-mail them to you.

Very cool subject! I love the late war Luftwaffe schemes and this one looks very representative of that time. Good luck on the fiddly fit stuff that everyone has been mentioning!

Just got done watching "The Longest Day", Loved Priller's input after his squadron had been dispuressed and only him and one other were there for the invasion. I've got 5 of the Eduard FW 190's in the closet. I think Dale did one a couple years back on this page. , NM that was a D-9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back