GB-38

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well I might try to get involved in this one.It will not be much beyond OOB but I recently acquired the 1/24 Trump D-9 my interest are divided ATTM. :dontknow:

And here three more shots of the T9+LK ..

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

The T9+LK plane is a different kite from the one coded the YF-U. The YF-U was P-47F-2-RA 42-22490 while the T9+LK was P 47D serial 42 75971.

Last edited:
I wasn't aware the Luftwaffe had more than one but now I've seen that Kg. 200 had at least three. And one more of T9+LK...

upload_2018-5-15_14-10-16.png

The P-47 coded T9+LK was abandoned at Gottingen Germany where she was re-captured by the US troops. The Germans abandoned here because of mechanical problems.IMHO, the damaged tail wheel must have happened while the planes was bringing out of the hangar by Americans. Here is a pic showing here in the hangar. The tail wheel can be seen lowered and the hatch of the port wing MG bay closed.

Bill, also please note that the T9+LK Jug is the different kite from the one coded YF+U.

republic-p-47-tunderbolt-alemania-005-jpg.jpg

Thanks Wurger, but I'm not trying to be really historically accurate down to the dust on the tyres, but maybe more to the feel of captured, examined and abandoned..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back