GB-40 1/72 Halifax B.Mk. II - Heavy Hitters III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Okay lads, I have made it to the workbench for the first time since March of this year. Got started on this build. How the hell do you guys who build 1:72 see at the end of the day? Anyway, here is what has been completed. The rather barren cockpit has been put together and I came up with the best green I could find for the seat cushioning as per Terry's info. As per usual, not much of the cockpit will be seen because of the small size and the darl interior but for what it is worth.....

IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG

While I had the black paint in the gun I gave a quick spray around the window openings. The glass must be installed before closing up the fuselage and I will use some sticktack to mask of the windows when the time comes to paint.

I have also painted the props and spinners as well as the vertical stabilizers. Now that I have started, I don"t think this will take too long as the piece count is not large with a few parts being redundant pending on the version being built.

Cheers,

Jeff

Also a few months ago I made a 1/72 and like you, at the end of the day I had already lost something of my vision ... I do not know if I will recover it again!

Good job, Jeff, and it's good to see you back.

Saludos :reindeer::thumbup:

Rear fuselage glass has been installed.
I will be hand painting the turrets and canopy glass so I need to get to the hobby shop and get a fine brush. The one I have been using for many years is not suitable for this small a scale.
I was lucky to get this accomplished today between Mother Superior preparing a Christmas dinner for 10 people and His Royal Highness, the Prince of Puslinch hitting me up for two walks so far with another coming soon.
IMG_0012.JPG

Have a great Christmas, one and all.

Jeff

Nice progress Jeff... I wish you enjoyed the dinner and had a Feliz Navidad.
:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back