GB-45 1/72 SM.82 Marsupiale - BoB/Foreign Service (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 12, 2010
Username: destrozas
Name : sergio
Category : intermediaty
Model : Sm 82 marsupiale
Kit : Italery #1270
Scale : 1/72
Aftermarket: none

Sm82 Marsupiale
n 1938, Marshal Italo Balbo, governor of Libya, impressed by the great transport capacity and autonomy of the new Sm75 of civil transport, asked Eng. Marchetti to develop a military version that would allow rapid intervention in large territories (such as Libya) to Carry a full squad of fully equipped paratroopers. Thus the Sm82 was born, whose prototype flew 30/10/39 in Vergiate (Va) under the command of Alessandro Passaleva. At the same time, an "Armed" bombing version was prepared, which was tested on October 2, 1940 and which, in addition to the transport capacity, was equipped with a pump installation and an electrically operated retractable nacelle located under the nose. . The cargo compartment had the possibility of dividing into two horizontal sections through a floor of perforated metal plates. The plane was armed with a 12.7 mm heavy machine gun on the dorsal turret and two machine guns of 7.7 mm to 12.7 mm depending on the crew firing from the sides of the fuselage. When entering the war, only one Transport Group used the Sm82.
A three-engine aircraft, like all SIAI aircraft, was built in steel tubes with a sheet metal deck and part of the fuselage, the wing was completely made of wood covered with plywood. It was widely requested on all fronts and was used mainly for transportation.
To remember, in particular, the connections with the A.O.I. isolated from Italy, where even 51 C.R.42 fighters with relative spare engines were transported (from this service they got the name "Marsupial"). The long-range bombing missions in the distant base of Gibraltar and the attack on the English refineries of Manana in the Persian Gulf must be remembered. The bombers commanded by Ettore Muti of Ravenna left Rhodes and arrived in Ethiopia making a non-stop flight of 14 hours. They were employed in refueling operations for air convoys on the Tunisian front and the transports were carried out under continuous attacks by Anglo-American fighters. This operation resulted in the loss of more than 100 aircraft and 200 crew members. The Sm82 was built on a total of 606 copies, 100 of which for the Luftwaffe. On the armistice date the R.A. it had about 250 aircraft in its charge, some of which worked in the south on the night flight, were used to supply the Italian troops in the Balkans. In the north, almost 200 went to the front of the east and the aviation of the RSI constituted two transport groups with a prevalence of Sm82 that were located on the eastern front. After the war the three engines of A.R. 128 of which was equipped, were replaced by P & W Twin Wasp of 1205 hp that gave Sm.82 the best performance. With this change, they remained at the service of A.M. Until the 60s.

this will be my example to replicate

images.jpeg

7.jpg

marsupiale.jpg

According to what appears to be a good mold, I have done some dry tests to close everything well and without apparent problems.

artbox

s-l1600.0.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

With the confinement and before the no emergency calls or breakdowns I am a lot of time at home, which leaves me a lot of free time, as above the spit is a lot of assembly problems and I am applying myself a lot in letting the glue dry well. it gives me a lot of time for this model what it gives me to advance it a lot ...

so I present to you the first batch of work done yesterday and the day before yesterday..
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg
07.jpg
08.jpg

following the plane to close it. We already find the typical problem of this brand, the laces are staggered, the plastic is one side raised and the other inwards.

16.jpg
14.jpg

15.jpg

pampering it to leave it well without deformations the plastic will close well is a matter of working it carefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back