GB 46 End Date Extended to September 13 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crimea_River

Marshal
Nov 16, 2008
Calgary
Lots of unfinished builds in this GB, including mine. The is the first warning shot that the GB ends in a little over 2 weeks.

OK guys, make or break time. There are 24 declared entries and only 10 finished with a week left in the group build. There are several entries from people we haven't heard from for a while so it seems doubtful that their entries will make the finish line.

I'm going to throw in the towel on my Sturmovic as there's little chance I will spend enough time at the bench unless there's a significant extension. For the rest of you who are not finished, please declare your intentions and whether you need a small extension to finish your project. As always, silence means that you've either given up or are planning to finish without an extension to the September 6 deadline.

Wayne Little Wayne Little the Ki-45 looks pretty close to finishing
T Bolt T Bolt has thrown some paint on his C-46 but landscaping may take priority
PlasticHero PlasticHero should be able to push his Mossie to the finish after getting the decals on
Donivanp Donivanp has declared his Tomcat dead so we will mourn its passing
A4K A4K is awaiting reference material for his Dinah so it's not looking good for this one. Also haven't seen any glue applied to his Hs123
le_steph40 le_steph40 said in July he would paint his La-5 "soon" but we haven;'t seen or smelled any paint since.
s1chris s1chris hasn't been seen since July 9 so his Horsa doesn't seem to have a tow
Airframes Airframes has been unable to get anything done on his Blenheim so it looks like this will be a no-show.
nsmekanik nsmekanik also has a stalled Il-2 and his Beaufighter seems to have been, ahem, torpedoed.
destrozas destrozas introduced his Yak 3 beut we haven't heard from him since the end of May
And, similarly, slaterat slaterat introduced us to his very cool Norseman but has not graced us with any build pics

Let's hear from you guys!

My situation:
The Dinah: Still waiting on the reference book to arrive, so all work stopped till then. As we say in NZ: 'Do it once, do it right'...
The Hs 123: Too much kit correction required to commit to within the time frame (and inconsistent paintscheme information), hence the decision to do the Dinah. Later project...

Read once that perfectionism is the enemy of progress. Sad, but true!

I have 4 days to finish as my deadline is friday evening because that's when I leave for a week's vacation.
The good news is that I'm working nights this week and have time durning the day to work on it, so there is at still a chance I'll make it.
An extension will do no good because like I said I'll be gone for a week

Last edited:
My Blenheim is till in the box, untouched, due to stiff hands and pain. Glad to announce though, that some temporary steroid medication has helped, although the Blenheim will still be in the box, and I'll be in Norfolk for two to three weeks as of the 6th, but at least i should get back to modelling on my return. Might even take something with me to Norfolk .....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back