*** GB 49 “ WW2 Night Figher/Favourite A/C of WWII ” – Winners - JUDGED COMPETITION *** (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wayne Little

Staff
Mod
Oct 7, 2006
Adelaide Sth. Aust.
The judging of votes for Group Build 49 are now ready and presented below, a very close race again with only a couple of votes separating the entries and a good range of builds in each category that was represented.

Here are the Winners for the latest Group Build,

Category 1 Beginner / Novice / Casual CATEGORY.

We had No Entries in this Section the Group Build,

Category 2 Intermediate / Casual CATEGORY. 9 Entries

1st Place in this Category goes to Ralph : Ralph Haus Ralph Haus with his 1/48 Bf109E-3a

2nd Place TIE in this Category goes to Greg : Jock Tamson Jock Tamson with his 1/48 Defiant NF 1

2nd Place TIE in this Category also goes to Greg : Jock Tamson Jock Tamson with his 1/48 Typhoon Mk.IB

3rd Place in this Category goes to Walter : W Wildsau with his 1/48 Bf109G-6

Category 3 Experienced / Expert CATEGORY. 7 Entries this time

1st Place in this Category goes to Steph : le_steph40 le_steph40 for his 1/48 Me110G-4

2nd​ Place in this Category goes to George : fubar57 fubar57 for his 1/48 Spitfire Mk.I Early

3rd​ Place in this Category goes to Glenn : T Bolt T Bolt for his 1/48 XP-51 Mustang

So…CONGRATULATIONS to RALPH and STEPH for their First Place Entries in their respective categories and also the second and Third place getters.

A BIG Thankyou to all who found the time to participate in this Build, well done a good turnout for the 2 categories.

We appreciate the time and effort put in by all participants at the various levels, and the outstanding exchange of Information, Hints, Tips, Parts and Decals to those who required something to help their project.

Please continue to support the Group Builds in any way you can whether you build something or just enjoy watching others do their stuff!

We want this to be a friendly atmosphere and above all…..have FUN !

Thanks…The Judging Panel.

With all in congratulations for some awesome work. Thank you to all who participated and finished their work.

Amazed! Best way to describe my first reaction. When I joined the GB and then saw the other builds roll in I knew I had joined a tough competition. But a thank you to the many who have toutered, and encouraged me over these years is certainy warranted. Thank you judges.

It was a nice model Ralph and you have reason to be proud. Keep up the good work.

One small thing I noted during judging was the placement of the flap indicator decals. Those are the trapezoidal stripes that you placed in the trailing edge of the wing. They should in fact be on the curved edge of the flap. As the flaps deployed the pilot would see the stripes being exposed. Otherwise a great model.

It was a nice model Ralph and you have reason to be proud. Keep up the good work.

One small thing I noted during judging was the placement of the flap indicator decals. Those are the trapezoidal stripes that you placed in the trailing edge of the wing. They should in fact be on the curved edge of the flap. As the flaps deployed the pilot would see the stripes being exposed. Otherwise a great model.
flap indicators.jpg

These? Decals 73 and 74? I was a bit confused, and picked the wrong surfaces, when referring to the image. I suppose if had I read, and understood, the instructions given with the 73/74 detail image I would have been correct; but even that is a bit confusing, looks like they are on the trailing edge here as well, but looking closer, what may appear to be the wing edge, is actually the start of the curved surface of the flap? That, and not having the in depth knowledge that my support has. Learning though. To be sure that wont happen again. Detail criticism (corrections) like this is always appreciated.

Last edited:
Well dones go to all the winners, placers and showers!
Everyone has put up great builds and as the usual now a tough decision for the judges.
My hat is off to them for Their efforts.
The GB gets me back to the bench to help empty my GB stash.

I had a look at some of the first GB competitions in the archives and I have to say every model entered this time would have been a winner of GB01. It's scary how standards have risen by the time GB100 comes around the winner will need to have a working scale engine and a real life midget pilot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back