GB 53 Starts Feb 1 - Watcha Got?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crimea_River

Marshal
Nov 16, 2008
Calgary
February 1 to June 4, 2022 GB 53 "WW2 Eastern Front"

This Group Build is for any aircraft serving on the WW2 Eastern Front between the start of Operation Barbarossa (June 22, 1941) and the German surrender in Berlin (2 May, 1945). The theatre includes operations in Northern Finland during the same time. Any aircraft type serving with any of the nations involved in that time frame are included.

Having whittled down my stash to only about a half dozen kits, I was left with nothing for this GB until I bought the 1/48 Yak 3 by Zvezda and so I plan on tackling that. I was keen on picking up an ICM U-2 from Hannants but the shipping cost alone was 50% more than the value of the kit! I may yet work something out for that so we'll see.

What's everyone else planning?

Alright, here's what I have. The second of two Bf 109G-6's in the Eduard Member Edition Dual Combo. This one will have all the nuts & bolts thrown in where the first one didn't, ie: P.E. and resin

gb533.jpg

The second, if time permits, will be another G-6 from Fujimi. I've never built a Fujimi kit before

gb532.jpg

If I get around to it, I have two Testor's P-47s, more mud than plastic. More than likely won't get to these as the rest of this month and February will be taken up trying to get the wings of GB-52 to firmly attach

gb531.jpg

gb530.jpg

I had tagged a Revell FW 180 F-8 for this GB53 build. Being the only one in my stash that was eligible. I have since replenished some empty shelf spaces and among them I have a Clear Prop LA-5 (early version), a Hasegawa M.S. 406 and Italeri Petjakpv PE-2. I'll have to check the service times on some others, but the Russian ones are just so darn interesting. Unfortunately all are 1/72, so will lack great detail. But they will fit on the shelve when finished.

Not sure if my FW Ta 152 fits the dates? I have two kits, a screw up in ordering. So. I can mess one build up, or lose pieces to the 'grey carpet from hell' and still complete one with all parts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back