**** DONE: GB-56 1:48 P-47D Bubbletop – Thunderbolts and Lightnings (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Made a start on this build today and the first thing to fix was the pilots seat adjustment, a lesson learned from the Razorback. the adjustment rails should have a support rod at the tip over which the harness straps are fixed.
View attachment 700408

While working on the cockpit parts sorting where PE bit should go and making little holes for the knobbly bits, I turned my attention to the gun sight and the reflector. As can be seen in the first pic, this is a bit of a thick lump as is common with most kits, so I had a go at thinning it down rather than chopping it off and cutting, shaping and attaching a bit of clear plastic (fiddly).

View attachment 700409

View attachment 700410
:D
What did you use to thin that down?

I filed the sight down with a double sided nail polishing file:
1. fine emery pad.
2. very fine abrasive pad.
3. very mild abrasive, more a polish pad.
4. polishing pad.

20230104 1.JPG

20230104 2.JPG

I've had it for a couple of decades now and find it excellent for filing down, shaping and polishing navigation lights on my models. :D

You're welcome Vic, and good to know the pics were helpful.
Don't forget the telescope retracting arms, as seen in the 3rd pic.

Thanks gents.

Did a bit of sugary today fitting the ammunition belt and gun housings on the port wing. Had to do a lot of filing back to get them to fit, the good old Dremel came to the rescue.
20230107 1.JPG

Having done the resin additions I could then complete the PE fittings to the wheel bays.
20230107 2.JPG

20230107 3.JPG

I have to say its been a satisfying afternoons work. Now I've got to go and cook the dinner with the help of a sip or two of nice cooling Riesling. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back