**** DONE: GB-57 1/48 Bf 109G-6/AS, Finland - WW2 Foreign Service

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ralph Haus

Tech Sergeant
Jul 24, 2016
Leander Texas
Username: Ralph Haus
First name: Ralph
Category: Advanced
Manufacturer: Eduard
Model: Bf 109G-6/AS
Scale: 1:48

Yet another classic, but the Finnish variety. Looks like a Bf 109-G6 shootout this time, although it will be a kit compare as well as a skills match. Hoping my Eduard kit will help cover my skills (or lack of) when comparing to the Steph builds!

I will be keeping it simple, total OOB. The target scheme: (although I will be utilizing the supplied swastika markings instead of the, some countries, politically correct what ever they are}

Eduard 84169 Finland.JPG

Kind of went through tis in another thread. But I will be using what Eduard supplied

View attachment 705380

and not the supplied German friendly ones

View attachment 705379

I will suppose my close schwarzwaldt German relatives will not be sending me any hate mail!

These German friendly ones as you called them ( no. 30 and 31 ) can be used as well. These are just a half of the correct Finnish marking. The second pieces are no.32 and 35. Just you have to apply them on top of one another like two slices of bread for a sandwich.

sw3a.jpg

sw3b.jpg

These German friendly ones as you called them ( no. 30 and 31 ) can be used as well. These are just a half of the correct Finnish marking. The second pieces are no.32 and 35. Just you have to apply them on top of one another like two slices of bread for a sandwich.

View attachment 705385

View attachment 705386

live and learn! Should have been obvious, but 'obviously' not for some!!!

Finally, a start. As, is common, a start with the cockpit area. Dry fitting indicates that the parts should assembly cleanly with the fuselage halves. We shall see, given, as with others, no locator pins on the fuselage halves. But dry fitting those after clean-up, did not indicate any issues in matching the halves together. Thought about 'stealing' the seat belt PE parts from another Eduard's ProfiPAK that I have, but....

BV 155V-1 Bf 190 cockpi seat3.jpg

BV 155V-1 Bf 190 cockpit starboard.jpg

BV 155V-1 Bf 190 cockpit instrument2.jpg

While the decals are never prefect, they do add a bit more realism than dry brushing. Besides, under the canopy this will look very nice, avoiding close inspections. I did brush a coat of Tamiya flat clear to try to tone down the reflections.

Last edited:
For me the seat belts look very flat and a bit mjey. That in comparison with the rest of your work on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back