**** DONE: GB-57 1/48 Bf 109G-6/AS, Finland - WW2 Foreign Service

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, it's never good when the doc says "I have good news and I have bad news". This, in regards to my eyesight saga. The left eye is scheduled, in two weeks, for a repair on the repair on the correction done for cataract removal. The right eye 'had' been doing fine, having had the same procedure. The 'bad news' part is that this 'good' right eye is now having issues as well, floaters. Focus comes in and out.

The reason for bringing this up is that I am for certain in a dwell mode for any progress on this build, regardless of the arrival of the correct decals. I don't want to jeopardize a potential 'good' build for lack or being able to see details correctly. Still 10 weeks left. Left eye should be fixed by then, right eye may start to become civil again, and I am hopeful that I will be able to jump back on this before time runs out.

Not to just sit and do nothing, I did pick up an El-cheapo F4F-4 1/72 at Hobby Lobby (sub $6 US) to keep me busy. I did want something to experiment with the tempera weathering anyway; and this now seems like a perfect time.

Fingers crossed for you Ralph. Not sure if you'll get rid of the floaters though, they come and go naturally or in some cases, like my left eye, come and take up residence. :D

Fingers crossed for you Ralph. Not sure if you'll get rid of the floaters though, they come and go naturally or in some cases, like my left eye, come and take up residence. :D
Tiny dots that have you believing mosquitos are buzzing around is one thing. I can put up with that. It's the 'hazy', moving, sheet that covers 30-40% of the eye that is the most annoying. May go away? May not? Just have to adjust and wait for the clear to appear and do some work I guess? That's what I've been doing for the past 2-3 weeks.

Tiny dots that have you believing mosquitos are buzzing around is one thing. I can put up with that. It's the 'hazy', moving, sheet that covers 30-40% of the eye that is the most annoying. May go away? May not? Just have to adjust and wait for the clear to appear and do some work I guess? That's what I've been doing for the past 2-3 weeks.
You live it Texas, the mosquitoes ARE REAL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back