**** DONE: GB-57 1/48 RAF P-51B - WW2 Foreign Service

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Funny the glaring things you find when you Least expect it!!!!!!!!! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.
Going for the first color on top when...............................................................................................
No grill plate in this one. Wouldn't you know the Azure bottom is Already painted!!!!!
57-2-61.jpg

Repaint coming…
Yep, let dry, file, sand spray...................... Azure touched up!
The dark earth is now On!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tomorrow the forest green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I do love these SMS paints. The way they spray, the coverage and the finish is topps.
Can't believe I've posted 62 pictures and it's gotten 11 pages!
Fellas, thanks for watching.
57-2-62.jpg

Okay, here's some "steps" shots.
I leave some around the edges to wrap around to seal.
1. is my Corel worksheet, 3 views at kit scale.
I had to fake all but Port side, no actual photos!
2. I cut the piece to be covered for the next color.
3. some tape on my glass, trace the covered part.
4. having trimmed the tape lining up the wing tip.
5. another piece to cover, same same, the mak is a panel line of the wing.
6. lined up the mark with the panel line.
7. what my printed sheet looks like After cut outs are done.
Thennnnnnnn, she is painted.
57-2-63.jpg57-2-64.jpg57-2-65.jpg57-2-66.jpg57-2-67.jpg57-2-68.jpg57-2-69.jpg57-2-70.jpg

Looking great. But why the Dark Green/Dark Earth on tops? IMHO it should be the The Ocean Grey/Dark Green and the Medium Sea Grey on undersides. The yellow could be at the bottom as well. But I bet the MSG though.

Looking great. But why the Dark Green/Dark Earth on tops? IMHO it should be the The Ocean Grey/Dark Green and the Medium Sea Grey on undersides. The yellow could be at the bottom as well. But I bet the MSG though.
Is there a way to post this post (just this one on how to mask) to the model "how to's"?

Do you mean a separate thread in the Painting Questions, Tutorials and Guidebooks section?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back