**** DONE: GB-57 1/72 Fw 190D-9 - WW2 Foreign Service

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 12, 2010
User name: destrozas
First name: sergio
Category: intermediate
Scale: 1/72
Manufacturer: zts plastik
Model type: focke wulf fw190 d 9 dora S-012
Extra: karaya decals D7204 Captured Butcherbirds part 3 and imitation of the propeller turning at full capacity and some parts to complete the kit such as the propeller cone that is broken

fw190 d9-001.jpg

22863_rd.jpg
fw190 d9-decals.jpg

Last edited:
hello, although the situation is that I have the baby admitted to the hospital with high fevers and they still don't know very well what the project is coming from, it continues.

The model will be in the position of the landing gear almost folded in full takeoff, due to the quality of the wheels they are two pieces of shapeless plastic, the parts of the glued wings have to be maintained because they do not hold the shape, the landing gear chains are designed for the unfolded gear shape. so I have to force them a little bit to stay as I want.
IMG_20230514_090618.jpg
IMG_20230514_090607.jpg

While my wife stayed in the hospital I couldn't sleep and the best way to free my head from bad thoughts is to take the plastic, so I wore it for a few hours and left it that way.In the fuselage I have put excess paint from the cabin to see where the joints had to be retouched, perhaps the lower part of the engine should be retouched, in terms of the wings, since a very large joint must be careful, for now I have put plastic putty to fill, I have eliminated the pieces of plastic that seemed or pretended to be the barrels I have prepared to place them new, (I am deciding whether to place them with an aluminum tube or an abs tube), now to work on the paint of the pilot to place it.
IMG_20230514_095113.jpg
IMG_20230514_095121.jpg
IMG_20230514_095130.jpg
IMG_20230514_095136.jpg

Model looks good Sergio but am more concerned about your little one. I'm sure they will find out what the illness and soon have your baby well and able to go home. I have my fingers crossed that all will be well. :D

Model looks good Sergio but am more concerned about your little one. I'm sure they will find out what the illness and soon have your baby well and able to go home. I have my fingers crossed that all will be well. :D
Well, the truth is that they are now waiting for some cultures to see where the happy infection is and treat it, at least this morning it has not risen to 39, which is already a very big step, they no longer take the vital signs every 2 hours that is that he is progressing very well, let's hope everything continues like this and whatever they think it is and on Tuesday they will discharge him.

Nice work Sergio :thumbleft::thumbright:
As you said plastic the best way to free the head from bad thoughts :)
All the best for your wife and you Sergio :)

Last edited:
a few more advances while I continue trying to paint the pilot that by never doing it is something that is difficult for me, painting unpaint in test pilots the leftovers of other kits that are deformed or without details obviously the good ones will be for when I already have more or less clear how to paint them...

IMG_20230514_233139.jpg
IMG_20230514_233146.jpg

the joints are difficult to place without having to place these reinforcements so that they stay in position.

The next step will be to make the propeller in motion, to which I am relying on photos that show the propeller at a lot of power and make the propeller cone, I took from a schematic that has the measurements of the propeller vs. 111 that I mounted, as well as the each part of the plane is said, I have one from a fw190 f8 but it is 1mm narrower and 2.8mm shorter placed on the engine the difference is very noticeable so I will have to do it.

Since I have to wait for the decals to arrive to be able to start the painting phase, we are doing other things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back