GB-58 1/48 Focke Wulf Ta 154 A-1/R1 - Night Fighters all Era

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 12, 2010
User name: destrozas
First name: sergio
Category: intermediate
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: Dragon master series
Model type: Dragon #5522
Extras: none

I do this model because while I was preparing looking for profiles of the models my oldest daughter liked this one, she was looking at my books about this plane, so she has started to look at them too and what she wants the model she has seen to do that two American soldiers are next to him, he likes it a lot, so now I'm working on seeing the differences between the A-0 and the A-1, which from what I've read were identical except for the engine they used, which the A-0 was only mounted with Jumo 211F, while the A-1 had some copies that mounted the Jumo 211F and others the Jumo 211N, for the A-1/R1 version, from what I have been able to read, the armament was repositioned of the fuselage to avoid the vibrations that it produced that made it difficult to handle, as for the kit, the modifications are nil from what I have been able to review, the only thing is the upper guns on the sides of the fuselage that were somewhat outward.
If I'm not wrong...

IMG_4949.JPG
[/B][/FONT]

A1.1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Good entry Sergio and a bit of a bigger scale for you.
Well, it's okay to get out of one's comfort zone and I've been looking at the market and the models I'm looking for now are at a better price at this scale than at the scale I usually work with...

Good one Sergio. I have this aircraft as part of a What-if Mistel
That mistel is also on my list but the idea I have is to buy the dragon kit I think Revell also had it, the ta 154 has been an airplane that has always caught my attention

Great choice Sergio.

Not wanting to put a spanner in the works, but according to 'German Aircraft Interiors 1935- 1945 Vol.I' by Kenneth A. Merrick:
' The Ta 154 was a two-seat day fighter which entered production at Posen during the last weeks of the war. It was outwardly similar to the night- fighter (Ta 154A-4) apart from the lack of air-borne radar.'

Despite this, Ta 154A-1 KU+SP (W. Nr 320003), which was found by American troops on the airfield at Lechfeld, was finished in night-fighter camouflage.

Also according to same source, 'The exact number of Ta 154A-1s built is unknown, but atleast six were completed.'

Great choice Sergio.

Not wanting to put a spanner in the works, but according to 'German Aircraft Interiors 1935- 1945 Vol.I' by Kenneth A. Merrick:
' The Ta 154 was a two-seat day fighter which entered production at Posen during the last weeks of the war. It was outwardly similar to the night- fighter (Ta 154A-4) apart from the lack of air-borne radar.'

Despite this, Ta 154A-1 KU+SP (W. Nr 320003), which was found by American troops on the airfield at Lechfeld, was finished in night-fighter camouflage.

Also according to same source, 'The exact number of Ta 154A-1s built is unknown, but atleast six were completed.'
According to the sources that I have, schiffer luftwaffe profile, flugzeug profile, wydawnictwo militaria, they only say that 6 of this version were registered and of these 6, 1 did not surrender due to being damaged in an allied bombing

A4K A4K :wave:
Evan, IMHO it is not the punctured tyre. In the pics above it can be noticed that the port side main wheel fork is of the different angle than the starboard one. So the reason for the angled 'sit' is the different shock absorber deflection for both landing legs. I would say the damaged starboard landing gear is the reason.

You could be right my friend!
My good friend Evan, if the historians who are dedicated to this say that there is controversy in the numbers, what one or the other say is like the truth, that each one has his own, and reality is in the midst of them... the In case the best thing we can do is what you have taught me here, study each model, read a lot, ask more and above all see a lot of graphic documentation of the model in question. In addition to the large group of people who come together here and allow me to be with you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back