**** DONE: GB-58 1/48 Kawasaki Ki.45 Hei - Night Fighters all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That it is. I added some colour according to the IP decal and will do minor touch-ups when I get back home

1683757485809.png

Camp bus in 35 minutes. Have a good week gentlemen. Only in for 6 nights this tour and then 21 days off

Sergio, the medium-late interiors were painted (in theory) in #29 (you wrote n3 - maybe it's a typo, maybe it's No.3?)
Kawanishi Green by Mr. Hobby you show above is very near to #29. Not so vibrant maybe.
AK has 2 M3-colours: AK 2067(M) is Mitsubishi green and AK 2068(N) is Nakajima Green. The first one is pretty much in the variable range of #29 as per these samples. The second one is more near to #7 (the darker interior colour) or somewhere in the middle.
It happened so that a week ago I visited my local hobby store an they had a big sale of older AK paints - $2 per bottle. I have never used these paints before but the price was "hot" and this forced me to buy several rare (for my understanding) paints/colours. Among them were the above discussed greens + the darker #7. Was it some kind of coincidence? Maybe....
Cheers!
terry For the equivalences of AK real color, I mean what they put themselves, from this brand I only have a few specific paints of specific colors, and my answer is based on the table that the brand itself puts in its equivalences, and contracted with the app hobby color converse, if they are wrong then they have made me wrong too, if the c384 by gunze is the exact color, it could be a little brighter but since it reacts well with the matte varnish from vallejo it remains in the exact hue, I It's that I'm from Gunze paintings, I have 6 of all the H paintings and 11 of the C ones missing... I make trips to Prague to buy them from a friend, so I also take the opportunity to see him and see how time treats him...

Thanks guys
  1. Chemical Doc: PSA numbers super low again. She gave me another gold star
  2. Dentist: Outta teeth on the uppers. Everyone at work said I would be put out during this procedure which is good as I still have major flashbacks from the 60's of a very old dentist attempting to freeze me with a very large stainless steel needle and failing....twice. Well...THEY LIED!!!! I was awake the whole time and I got 3000 freezing needles; or maybe it was 12. I lost count after one.
  3. Rhino Liner: appointment to be made on Tuesday.
  4. Tonneau cover: The Ford dealer want over 700$. Buddy sent me a photo of a cover at a Alberta truck shop; 349$ and free shipping
  5. Yard work: Cut the front and back lawn for the first time this year, almost stroked out
  6. Modellin': Here we are. Left side done, waiting for the clear to dry on the right
IMG_0002.JPG

This took over a day as Part A18 disappeared into the ether and I had to make a replacement which turned out better than I had hoped though not perfect

IMG_0003.JPG

1684712335012.png

Last edited:
Thanks guys
  1. Chemical Doc: PSA numbers super low again. She gave me another gold star
  2. Dentist: Outta teeth on the uppers. Everyone at work said I would during this procedure which is good as I still have major flashbacks from the 60's of a very old dentist attempting to freeze me with a very large stainless steel needle and failing....twice. Well...THEY LIED!!!! I was awake the whole time and I got 3000 freezing needles; or maybe it was 12. I lost count after one.
  3. Rhino Liner: appointment to be made on Tuesday.
  4. Tonneau cover: The Ford dealer want over 700$. Buddy sent me a photo of a cover at a Alberta truck shop; 349$ and free shipping
  5. Yard work: Cut the front and back lawn for the first time this year, almost stroked out
  6. Modellin': Here we are. Left side done, waiting for the clear to dry on the right
This took over a day as Part A18 disappeared into the ether and I had to make a replacement which turned out better than I had hoped though not perfect

Amazing detail 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back