**** DONE: GB-58 1/48 Messerschmitt Bf110G-4 - Night Fighters all Eras (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers gents. Well, after some finagling, I managed to get the radar antennae on. I propped the model up to a horizontal position and then taped the diodes to a steel square, adjusted the height and angle so that the support was touching the fuselage in the right position and then dabbed some CA on the joint using a toothpick in a pin vice.

23090802.jpg
23090803.jpg

From then on, it was more of the same until I got them all in place. The last one on the bottom starboard side wouldn't co-operate with the shell deflector plate glued in place so I broke that off to be reinstalled later.

23090804.jpg

With that complete, I stuck the props on. These would have been in the way of the above operation. The flame dampers were glued on yesterday but not mentioned. Sprayed those black and dry-brushed some Tamiya Hull Red on them.

23090801.jpg

I should be able to get this one finished Sunday after adding the final pokey parts and doing some final weathering. Thanks again for stopping by.

Thanks gents. With the addition of the radio antenna mast and wires, pitot tube (moulded-in one removed earlier), D/F loop, rear twin mg, weathering, chipping, oil and exhaust stains, I'm now calling this one done. Finished thread will be posted shortly.

23091009.jpg
23091010.jpg
23091011.jpg

In the below pic, I noticed that I got a bit of black paint on the lower antenna masks while I was filling in the shell ejector chute holes. I'll touch those up but I didn't see them in time for the finished pics. Oh well, I guess I won't win the $10,000 first prize.....

23091012.jpg
23091013.jpg
23091014.jpg

This project started out as a "sure, why not" build. Revell's disappointing engine nacelle dimensions made me not want to make this project one of my super-detailed efforts and so I chose to concentrate on the challenging camo scheme and use the kit parts for the most part. I learned my airbrush limits (for now) while attempting the extremely tight wave pattern on the fuselage and fins. In some areas, the tight pattern was nicely achieved but I found it very hard to maintain the pattern so the vast majority of the waves are more like tight connected mottles. Anyway, I'm satisfied with the effort and am ready to move on.

Thanks to all who followed along and especially to those who stepped up to help with some questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back