**** DONE: GB-58 1/72 Grumman F6F-5N Hellcat - Nignt Fighters all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

PlasticHero

Senior Airman
Jul 31, 2019
Pennsylvania, USA
Username: PlasticHero
First Name: Alan
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1/72
Model: F6F-5N Hellcat
Manufacturer: Eduard 7079
Extras: OOTB

This is looking like a very popular choice. Going to be an interesting comparison with Ralph's 1/48 and N45's kitbash.
box1.jpg

Didn't open the box to look till Saturday. I see almost no difference in detail even though the tooling for 1/72 is 3 years later, 2011 vs 2008 (thanks Scalemates.com). One thing I'm a little peeved at is there are holes in the lower wing for other versions (rockets) that I have to fill BUT they didn't open the gun ejection ports that would be useful for everyone. You get separate flaps which is the biggest advantage I see.
sprue1.jpg
sprue2.jpg

There are two instrument panels for decal or detail painting and a little bit of sink marks on some thicker bits.
sprue3.jpg

Crimea_River Crimea_River the instant I saw these markings I knew this was going to be for Lucky13 Lucky13 . I even tried to get a whole GB for him.

OK, here's what I've got so far. A lot of the tub done and the panel next. I'll do both but hope to use the PE. My newest "glue" of choice is Alclad II Clear base that I started using part way through.
cockpit4.jpg
cockpit5.jpg

Still have washes and some clean up to do but... I probably won't be posting here for about 2 weeks. Look for me in "What Cheered You Up Today", "Weather Where You (Are)" and "Recent Purchases" as I'll be in Japan with my daughter on vacation.

Yep, all looks like my kit F6F-3N, different box. Don't see an exhaust assembly.
Happy days, should go pretty quickly. IP etched parts are beauties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back