**** DONE: GB-58 1/72 Mitsubishi Ki 46 III "Dinah" - Night Fighters all Eras

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If it goes very fast, I am already doing paint tests on the fuselage, well, and this is because by not detailing anything and doing it oob means that this goes very fast, on top of that the plane does not need any work, it has two serious problems and they are insurmountable, and both with the transparent ones, are its thickness, which even when transparent, absolutely nothing can be seen inside, and its width, which protrudes almost 1.5 mm from its place, will ruin the whole set, but I cannot and will not find it. the cockpit that suits the kit...
soon more progress

We continue with the theme of color, now it's my problem, I'm determined to make the color a background to give it volume and I can't find a color that seems to be a gradient color, I can't find it...
I follow the mahogany color scale but I can't find it.

Sergio .. here is an example of what the difference between the red wood mahogany colour and the one used for the tops and sideds of the plane. The mahogany paint is applied on the spinner and prop while the camo one is of slightly different tone.

IMG_7269.JPG

the pic source: Modelarstwo z pasją • Zobacz wątek - Hyakushiki Shitei III Kai (zwany Dinah) - 1/48 Tamiya

The guy there used the mix of the Tamiya XF-10 (Flat Brown) + XF-60 (Dark Yellow) in 1:1 ratio for tops and sides and the mix of the Tamiya XF-12 + XF-19 also of the ratio 1:1 initially Because the colour for the tops was found of a couple of different tones depending on time, factory/manufacturer and weather. So you don't have to be accurate at the 100%. Due to problems with the yellow markings the guy changed the colour for tops to the Vallejo Model Air 71.038 Camo Medium Brown and repainted the model. Please check on the link below.

746_rd.jpg

the link: [W] Hyakushiki Shitei III Kai - 1/48 Tamiya

thanks me friend
Sergio .. here is an example of what the difference between the red wood mahogany colour and the one used for the tops and sideds of the plane. The mahogany paint is applied on the spinner and prop while the camo one is of slightly different tone.

View attachment 721754
the pic source: Modelarstwo z pasją • Zobacz wątek - Hyakushiki Shitei III Kai (zwany Dinah) - 1/48 Tamiya

The guy there used the mix of the Tamiya XF-10 (Flat Brown) + XF-60 (Dark Yellow) in 1:1 ratio for tops and sides and the mix of the Tamiya XF-12 + XF-19 also of the ratio 1:1 initially Because the colour for the tops was found of a couple of different tones depending on time, factory/manufacturer and weather. So you don't have to be accurate at the 100%. Due to problems with the yellow markings the guy changed the colour for tops to the Vallejo Model Air 71.038 Camo Medium Brown and repainted the model. Please check on the link below.

View attachment 721766

the link: [W] Hyakushiki Shitei III Kai - 1/48 Tamiya

let's go to the mess!!!!,the color I was looking for is not for the propellers and the cone, anyway, thanks, I was looking for a color that attenuates the camouflage color to give the effect of wear/lights to the panels and I already solved it as I explain below.
but first the painted windows, first the color of the interior of the plane and on this black to seal as a rubber seal.

9.jpg

the depth of the color, with chocolate brown (mr hobby H17) I have given the lines of the panels, inside the panels with the color tea (real color 335), and as a final layer I have given one side with the mixture made with the instructions that wotjek placed and the other half with rust color (mr hobby H33), a color that a friend of years ago recommended me when I went to international modeling competitions...
but let's not anticipate events and go to the steps I have taken, while the paint dries.
the brands (hinomarus) are a disaster (normally they are older than me, I am almost 50 years old), so I take measurements and make them with masks.
10.jpg
11.jpg

I mask and paint the background white and I place the masks of the hinomarus
12.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg

the hinomarus are now drying up I already gave him the corresponding red, mr color C385

thank you fellas
I have dried the hinomarus after painting them and placed their masks to start finishing the upper color.
18.jpg
19.jpg

but first the lower part which is the light color, I have to work the pre-paneled first and then the base color
20.jpg

Thanks boys....

I'm short of time to work on the painting and the processes are lengthened by the drying of the paints, sanding to unify waiters and masking again but also I don't have much time to upload the photos, work shifts, children, meals and Others have me a little trapped this week... next week I will turn tomorrow and the children will not go to school in the afternoons and with the summer schedule I will put a lot more hand in it, if I have time I will upload the current photos and try to get them right to see if the differences between the two colors are appreciated, the mixture that indicates hasewaga and the h33 of gunze...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back