GB-63 1/48 Bf 108B-2 Taifun - Stormy Weather

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys. Still puttering around with what needs to be installed before doing the bottom. Mass balances barely have attachment points so I glued them on and are resting. The landing gear light is a tear drop shaped clear part. It would be awkward to mask as the front needs to be clear and the rear needs to be RLM78, the bottom colour. I decided to paint it off the model as this would give me a chance to test my mix after I painted the rear of the light silver to try and represent the reflective back of the light. My mix was Tamiya XF-23, Light Blue and XF-50, Field Blue, 4:1. Hard to see on the light but pretty gosh darned close in the tray

I try as well Wayne but with limited gluing surface I felt this was my best option. Eduard is really starting to annoy me. While looking at the camo I saw this.Yes, this is one of their first forays in 1:48 but this is so prominent in the photos of KG✙EM

For the last day or so I've been trying to figure out how to make one and what colour. I went through my plastic rods and it looked like I would have to stretch one down to size and then start carving. On a long shot I went through all my spares stash but I couldn't recall building an aircraft that had a venturi tube option.....ta dah

I'm going to try and do a bell shape on the right side but this just deflated my mojo a bit

Users who are viewing this thread