GB-63 1/48 Bf 108B-2 Taifun - Stormy Weather

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My one for the 1//72 scale .. just two pieces of glued together pieces of the stretched with the heat sticks from a mould sprue. I stretched them in the way to get two cones of different heights. Then I found the same diameter for both parts at the cone tips and cut them off. Glued together added the support ( also a piece of the stretched sprue ) and voila.

p11c_1.jpg

p11c_2.jpg

p11c_3.jpg

PS ... actually I also drilled the inlet and outlet of it.

The bell shape is a matter of how long and how large area you worm up. Also how quick you stretch the sprue stick . I used a candle for making of the cones.

PS. I off my home at the moment to visit my daughter and working using not mine comp. But here is an example of stretching from the net .... if you have a close up look at the stretched "tail" you may notice the piece of useful cone shape when cut correctly.

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

s3.jpg

the source: the net.

Spritz, spritz, spritz.....RLM79; Tamiya XF-59 Desert Yellow, XF-64 Red Brown, 3:1

IMG_3115.JPG

At first I thought it was too dark but I've shown the chip from Ullmann's book. "Luftwaffe Colours 1935-1945"

IMG_3114.JPG

A bit off but good enough for me. The photo, of course is different from real life. I'll let this set and then the fun part, RLM80 mottles

RLM80/Tamiya 58 Olive Green spritzed. Accurate....no. Happy.....not exactly. I tried the 90% - 10% @ 12psi formula and I feel I can get better results using my 50% - 50% 18psi method, at least on my mule. I noticed in my photo in Post 1 that the mottle were kinda translucent so that's what I was going for......kinda

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

Ignore the colour of the tail struts. They were a pain in the keester trying to mask so I'll blue them up later. Also note the colour shift from the pics above

Thank you gents. While looking at the photo in Post 1 and comparing it to the painting/decal placement sheet for accuracy I was stunned to see that the paint diagram neglected to include the wing walk areas by the cockpit. This is clearly shown in the photograph and they have it on the box art. Had I noticed this I would have painted them first. Looks like light grey or off-white

Users who are viewing this thread

Back