GB-63 1/48 P-38H Lightning - Stormy Weather (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Starting to look like a P-38

IMG_5871.JPG

I shot Vallejo Model Metals dull aluminum in several places and thin applied Vallejo Chipping solution with a tooth pick in several areas to hopefully get the effects I want. Circles and arrows depict areas I applied the chipping solution so I guess we'll see how it goes. I watched a couple of videos on using it so.....

IMG_5907.JPG
IMG_5908.JPG
IMG_5909.JPG

Last edited:
I can see that chipping very faintly and it looks good. I have found in the past that the chipping to be authentic has to be so subtle that unless one is looking for it on the model, it is quite often not noticed. :lol:

I can see that chipping very faintly and it looks good. I have found in the past that the chipping to be authentic has to be so subtle that unless one is looking for it on the model, it is quite often not noticed. :lol:
I haven't done anything but put the chipping fluid down so far. The way it's supposed to work is you put it down and than paint and than get the area you want chipped wet and the chipping fluid is supposed to allow the paint to release. Don't know but I've tried to do it subtle. We will see.

Good luck with this Don, I've tried it myself in the past with some success but also found one has to be very gentle removing the paint, be over enthusiastic and your back down to the plastic. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back