GB54 Deadline Extended to September 11 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crimea_River

Marshal
Nov 16, 2008
Calgary
2 week warning guys. We have 7 of 14 entries complete. Some are close to finishing and others not so much. Please keep the deadline in mind and hustle up if you are behind. As always, we will grant a small extension if needed but only if requested.

Hi all,

Would it be possible for me to get a one week extension? I'm making good progress on the model but don't think it will be done in time and it would help take the pressure off a bit.

Best,
-Matt

Hi guys,

I regret to say that I still cannot complete my build in time. I don't want a second extension because to be honest the delays in my model have left me quite tired and I need a break. Is there any process for withdrawing or anything that I have to do? I still have every intention of finishing the kit, but I want to do it in my own time and I also just don't want y'all to wait for me.

-Matt

Hi guys,

I regret to say that I still cannot complete my build in time. I don't want a second extension because to be honest the delays in my model have left me quite tired and I need a break. Is there any process for withdrawing or anything that I have to do? I still have every intention of finishing the kit, but I want to do it in my own time and I also just don't want y'all to wait for me.

-Matt
This is another production decal sheet I just found.......
See you in another GB!

This is another production decal sheet I just found.......
See you in another GB!
Thanks, Bill. I haven't seen this one before, looks about as accurate as the Kitsworld ones, hopefully with less tendency to fold. I will me keeping my scratched noseart for now, but I might give these a shot in the future (I tend to upgrade models after finishing, such as my B-26 that might be receiving a Norden soon).

Thanks, Bill. I haven't seen this one before, looks about as accurate as the Kitsworld ones, hopefully with less tendency to fold. I will me keeping my scratched noseart for now, but I might give these a shot in the future (I tend to upgrade models after finishing, such as my B-26 that might be receiving a Norden soon).
I hope I'm not acting pushy here....... but the surface needs to be a Gloss coat Before applying decals. Ran across this looking at the Wethering thread her on our forum. This is very informative.

Bill

I hope I'm not acting pushy here....... but the surface needs to be a Gloss coat Before applying decals. Ran across this looking at the Wethering thread her on our forum. This is very informative.

Bill
Don't worry, you're not coming off pushy at all, Bill. If it ever seems like I'm reluctant to try things it's because modeling supplies are harder to come by here in Brazil. I have yet to find a hobby shop nearby, the one I used to visit as a kid shut down years back and the owner now runs a pretty good snack stand. All of my recent supplies have been bought through ebay from the US, UK and on one occasion the Czech Republic, or bought during my Europe trip.

I originally purchased the varnish to try to get the B-26 and P-40's paint to stop rubbing off when looked at funny, and at the time couldn't justify buying both a Gloss and a Matte varnish as I had spent too much on paints for the month. I also figured it'd work both for matte camouflage models and glossy bare metal ones, the results of the latter have yet to be seen but I do think it makes the camouflaged models too shiny. Given my recent trouble with decals both large and small, I am willing to look into getting more varnishes again within the next few months, I'm just also trying to be mindful of my wallet. Not struggling financially, but things do just cost more for me.

Brazil.........................
and we complain about paying $8AU for shipping from 50 km's away!

Can you find this floor polish or an equivelant in the store? It goes by many names.
I apply it with this brush. I just wet the tips of the brush, wipe it over a cloth,
as it absorbs large amounts, then lightly coat the plane. You can apply to the whole plane.
With just water, or decal solution the decals will slide and not Hang on to this polish.
Clean the brush with soap and water after.
It will make it easier to touch up the paint on the plane if needed as it forms a barrier to the first coat.
Clear coating over it is not a problem. I think maybe matt varnish over everything using this will get you the finish you want.

I have done signwriting in my past life, added talcum powder to paint will flatten the gloss of the paint.
Just a thought for a trial.

Cheers
Pledge.jpg

Brazil.........................
and we complain about paying $8AU for shipping from 50 km's away!

Can you find this floor polish or an equivelant in the store? It goes by many names.
I apply it with this brush. I just wet the tips of the brush, wipe it over a cloth,
as it absorbs large amounts, then lightly coat the plane. You can apply to the whole plane.
With just water, or decal solution the decals will slide and not Hang on to this polish.
Clean the brush with soap and water after.
It will make it easier to touch up the paint on the plane if needed as it forms a barrier to the first coat.
Clear coating over it is not a problem. I think maybe matt varnish over everything using this will get you the finish you want.

I have done signwriting in my past life, added talcum powder to paint will flatten the gloss of the paint.
Just a thought for a trial.

Cheers
I'll have a look one of these days and see if I can find it, it's pretty cool that polish can work as varnish, I never gave alternatives much thought. I have looked up some hobby stores as well and there do seem to be a few in the city that I can try phoning or visiting as depending on the price modeling varnish might be cheaper. None have websites so they didn't pop up in my previous searches.

Thanks,
-Matt

I'll have a look one of these days and see if I can find it, it's pretty cool that polish can work as varnish, I never gave alternatives much thought. I have looked up some hobby stores as well and there do seem to be a few in the city that I can try phoning or visiting as depending on the price modeling varnish might be cheaper. None have websites so they didn't pop up in my previous searches.

Thanks,
-Matt
Be careful - there are several products under the name Pledge. It's neither the floor cleaner or floor care, nor the liquid floor wax. It's not floor polish per se, it's floor gloss. Unfortunately I found this message:

I'm sorry to share Pledge Floor Gloss is no longer being made. This product was discontinued in January of 2022. I recommend to check your local grocery stores where inventory may not be turned over as quickly. That said, your continued interest has been shared with the Pledge team.

Honestly I didn't check the stores for Pledge during the last 3+ years. The last time I bought a bottle, it looked like this:
1536784.jpg
1536785.jpg

I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but looks like it:
71jFDgRL2ML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The prices of the above 2 on Amazon are impossible (Apparently Pledge is more expensive than Scotch! o_O ).
Different countries sell it under different labels - I haven't seen Bill's "One go" here in Canada.
Cheers!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back