G'day from Down Under (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wayne Little

Staff
Mod
Oct 7, 2006
Adelaide Sth. Aust.
Hello to all, first post got to start somewhere! I'm from Adelaide in South Australia...just a tad dry down here at the moment and it's no where near summer yet.

My (modelling) interests are in Luftwaffe and Japanese fighter aircraft mainly, dabbling in allied now and then and the odd ship or tank.
Hope to be a frequent visitor and share information with you guys, thanks.

Best Regards Wayne

Hallo Wayne !!!
I'm very glad to welcome you here.Especially you are a next modeler who joined the forum :D .I hope you find there many interesting things.Greetings from Poland.

Hey, thanks Guys for the kind words, glad to come on board.
Wildcat, will gladly post some model pics as soon as I work out the system to do so. I live north of the city in Parafield Gardens where are you?

Regards Wayne

hey Wildcat, Mt Barker is a cut lunch and water bottle trip....and a Banana Bender to boot....no offence intended mate!
Hey with this dry weather, hope you got house sorted out, protection wise, a fire will wreak havoc up in the hills at the moment.
I'll have a quick scout and see about posting a model pic or two.

All the Best Wayne

Ok having a go at posting a model image...fingers crossed!

This is the first of my Pearl harbor Command Aircraft Project, the Lead aircraft of the attack Dec. 7th 1941. Nakajima B5N2 'Kate' High Level Bomber of Lt.Commander Mitsuo Fuchida from the IJN Aircraft carrier AKAGI, target- Battleship Row.

Hope you like it.

Regards Wayne

Attachments

• Kate AI-301 Fuchida_c.JPG
    Kate AI-301 Fuchida_c.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 95
Good job!

I have to start modeling again as well. I get really edgy and want to start up again when I see other peoples models. I want to do mostly ETO stuff though like I used to and get most of the Luftwaffe aircraft especially the night fighters.

Excellent model Wayne, looks great mate. Have you done any WWII RAAF stuff?
As for the fire danger, I think we're as prepared as we'll ever be, hopefully we won't get any big fires this year - but I'm not counting on it, with the complete lack of rain we've had this winter. I can't believe it's 30 odd degrees today and we're only in October!
Anywho, like the the mode mate.

Thanks for the comments.
Hey there are Aussies everwhere... Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oy, Oy ,Oy!

Wildcat I must admit not a single RAAF aircraft,BUT I do have a few Spitfires and P-40's to do for Aussie aces, just haven't got to them yet.

Here is another favorite the Ace of Aces Erich Hartmann and his Bf109G-6 in 1/32 scale.
Hope these images aren't too big?

Best Regards Wayne.

Attachments

• Hartmann Bf109G-6a.JPG
    Hartmann Bf109G-6a.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 96
  • Hartmann Bf109G-6b.JPG
    Hartmann Bf109G-6b.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 104
Hello to all, first post got to start somewhere! I'm from Adelaide in South Australia...just a tad dry down here at the moment and it's no where near summer yet.

My (modelling) interests are in Luftwaffe and Japanese fighter aircraft mainly, dabbling in allied now and then and the odd ship or tank.
Hope to be a frequent visitor and share information with you guys, thanks.

Best Regards Wayne

Wayne: You might want to model the Japanesse planes that bombed Darwin.
In fact see if theres any oldtimers that might be able to help.
John

g'day wayne.
fellow aussie from queensland. brisbane actually. was raised on RAAF bases and did aircraft modelling years ago, with old airfix models and such when i was a nipper. mainly allied aircraft like spitfires hurricanes p40s mustangs etc and bombers like the lancaster wellington sterlings etc etc. had a favourite model aircraft store i use to frequent called vogellers in ipswich queensland. and guess what store is still there selling model aircraft etc etc. but seeing you are a crow eater wayne and i am a banana bender not much chance you coming to queensland to buy models i suppose

Users who are viewing this thread

Back