Geedee and Rocketeers Collings Foundation Tour 2014 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Geedee

Senior Master Sergeant
Dec 5, 2008

Last edited:
Hi guys.....I am late to the show...sorry....been working on my Camel project....
Yep, I was really looking forward to going to the Tour after Gary's time last year. It did not disappoint!
Anyhoo, as Gary said we went on seperate carriers. I fly on BA alot so went with them and got rather, well, jolly in the Exec Lounge. We were also late off due to the previous pilot jumping on the brakes lol!

Was worried when got to Boston as no sign of Gaz....so made way to hire car pace and picked up the 'box'. Actually Fugly but a good car. We drove to Hyannis - pretty place. We stayed in an 'interesting' motel but survived the night without a visit form Norman Bates! We made our way to Hyannis Airport and dropped off the car. The first day was cool with us meeting the team, Gary reacquainting himself. Worked the Px, loaded stuff into the B17 and cleaned up the oil off the cowls. Seeing Betty Jane shining was wonderful, she had just been polished - what an awesome and beautiful bird she is. All too soon, we were packed up and off to Worcester. I flew with Gary in the B24.....I last flew in her in AZ last year. The coast of Cape Cod amd MA was beautiful.

Attachments

• hya1.jpg
    hya1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 154
  • hya2.jpg
    hya2.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 166
  • hya3.jpg
    hya3.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 160
  • hya4.jpg
    hya4.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 152
The chap on the transit to Worcester was a B24 Flt Engineer Vet - top chap....he had a notebook of his 32 raids. On his last mission, he stayed on to finish the rest of his crew's tour with them (he had already finished). They were shot down and made POWs. He was the first of many real life heros I was privilaged to meet

Attachments

• wor1.jpg
    wor1.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 161
  • wor2.jpg
    wor2.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 161
Worcester MA was an amazing stop with beautiful weather. A mix of pix here. Worcester is not far from the CF base so we had the 'new' Goose and Skyraider turn up as well as the awesomely beautiful A36 Apache Baby Carmen. Met another great Vet who wanted to experience pulling thru the B24 props again - a job he last did 70 years ago. The crowds were great and we had some amazing experiences. It was also my birthday on the Friday - so had a jolly nice lump of cheesecake!

Attachments

• worc1.jpg
    worc1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 152
  • worc2.jpg
    worc2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 149
  • worc3.jpg
    worc3.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 149
  • worc4.jpg
    worc4.jpg