General Motors X-250 Radial

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Reluctant Poster

Staff Sergeant
Dec 6, 2006
Does anyone have any info on this engine?

Does anyone have any info on this engine?

Go to enginehistory.org for information on X-250.

If you're not already a member of the AEHS, it's worth joining - there is a heap of info on that link once you log in.

Not quite the same engine, but the concept must have some relation to it, but here is an obscure design I grabbed the press photo of a while back..... not what you'd want in your Pontiac I'm picking....
IMG_8444.jpg

What an interesting engine; I'd love to see a schematic of it! Because it has an even number of pistons per row, wouldn't it run roughly? And how about wear and tear on the crankpin assembly? I note that the NASM engine is water cooled with a radiator in the front of the engine; whereas the Pontiac engine is aircooled (which might make it better suited for aircraft). But the overall dimensions and weight (of both versions) would make them well-suited for aircraft.

I have read that it is not an issue with a 4 cylinder radial, the firing order is #1, #2, #3, #4 repeat. So I guess it could scale up to a 2 row 8 cylinder, 3 row 12 cylinder.....

But I do not know of any multiple row versions actually being built.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back