Generic western aerial combatants and memorialized aircraft homage

Discussion in 'Aviation Videos' started by oldcrowcv63, Mar 31, 2012.

1. oldcrowcv63

oldcrowcv63 Well-Known Member

Tired and Retired
    #1 oldcrowcv63, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
    Lots of video of old (WW2) and new (Korean war to contemporary) aircraft to inspirational music. Includes some RAF, RN FAA, RCAF but mostly US aircraft and crew historic footage. Starts with bagpipe background. Nuf said.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU1oB8sGyYM

My brother (a long time private pilot, taught by some early aviation pioneers) sent this link to me. He received this email in response to his initial mailing. I thought folks here would find it interesting:

"As a former medevac officer with the USAF during Vietnam out of 13th AF Philippines and Ching Chuan Kang AB and Tianan AB Republic Of China....I thank you for sharing this. For my 93 year old Father in Law Roger BolXXXX of San Antonio who had 54 combat missions including 19 over Polesti Romania with the 15th AF in Italy as a B-17 gunner....we appreciation the tribute.

TOM LOFXXX

I initially assumed the number of missions and those to Ploiesti seemed high and must have been incorrect, but found out there about ~20 such missions between 6/12/42 and 8/19/44 flown mainly by B-24 but also B-17s and even dive bombing P-38s, RAF and USSR aircraft. If I understood the table at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_Campaign_of_World_War_II_(Chronology)

At least one US mission appears to have been flown from the USSR (6/6/44)!

2. tyrodtom

tyrodtom Well-Known Member

auto body repair
    Great video, great music too.