George Preddy P-40E and P-47 Decals?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

B-17engineer

Colonel
Dec 9, 2007
Revis Island.
I'm sitting here bored, waiting for my paints to finish Cripes A Mighty 3rd and had a question for you guys

DO you guys know where I can find decals for George Preddy's P-40E "Tarheel" and his P-47 "Cripes a Mighty" are available.

I think the Hasegawa P-40E kit may have them but the P-47 I'm having trouble finding...

Thanks...

Me aswell. Well P-47 shouldnt be hard at all........ I need to make a mask paint paint it yellow....the red border will be an issue.

Or make your own decals? They'll probably be a bit de-saturated in those colours, but you can overpaint them once applied - a bit easier than trying to hand-paint them on the model.

Ah ha!!

Originally Tarheel was painted on both side of the nose. Saving me the trouble of the dragon on the right side. This is of his P-40E

Cripes a Mighty shouldn't be hard either...

Three Guys Replicas I read has decals for his P-47 and P-40E can't find them though. If you guys do PLEASE tell me!

Last edited:
That 'TARHEEL' decal would be difficult to make. decal film comes in clear or white, and most printers don't print white so plane white lettering could not be done unless you get an alps printer which prints in white. I don't know it they are even made anymore. Maybe you could use white rub-off lettering. I used that once and it worked out ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back