Georgia and Russia at war.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

rochie

Staff
Mod
just saw on the news russian tanks have rolled into south ossetia in georgia.
georgians asking for U.S help saying russia has attacked them, claiming to have shot down 4 russian jets while russia says 10 of its peace keeping force have been killed

I read somewhere that on the opening ceremony of the olimpic games Putin said to Bush that "the war has started"...

I was just watching some of it on the news. I would not call it a war yet but it is getting pretty bad. As per the news (not sure what the truth is yet), 4 Russian aircraft have been shot down.

I am wondering what is going to happen to our troops. I can say for a fact that we have troops in Georgia at this very moment. Them being there has nothing to do with this, and I think we will pull them out.

whats Turkey's position on the matter... they are in the neighborhood. Has NATO released a statement?

"Aircraft":

Frogfoots? Hinds?

Why is it that someone always wants a piece of the other guys turf ??

I doubt that the U.S. will get into an armed conflict over this.... geeze,
I sure hope not...

Charles

Attachments

• geo.jpg
    geo.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 252
They are coming to get you fly boy!!!
Better hide your comic books!

i figured that's what fly boy thought was going on but couldnt bring myself to answer !
nice one comiso :lol: .
showing frogfoots rocketing targets on sky news over here, hope this all fizzles out and not gets much worse

This one has been brewing for a while. Not sure if anyone knows where it will stop but right now it is local but not limited. Not sure where the Russians are going, nobody seems to know their objectives.

Give it another week. As long as it stays local (between the Russians and the Georgians), it should be ok. If it gets beyond that, it could be trouble.

Keep an eye on the price of oil. It if keeps falling (down $5 to 115bbl), then this is no biggie. But if it starts coming back, then somebody is either knows something or the markets are getting spooked.

It has been over 20 yrs since my Russian history classes. If I remember right Stalin was from Georgia. The Russians and Georgians have never played nice. I do not remember why. It may be another case of they always fight each other. Does anyone know the reason this time?

DBII

its not a big deal, 3° world war wasnt start that time.

some of the south ossetians will come back with russians to the another side of border, instead the georgia will recover the control of the region.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back