German Super Weapons

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fly boy

Staff Sergeant
Jan 16, 2008
i just picked up this book called my tank is fight and one of the things they made scare me

The landkreuzer p.1500 monster a massive 800mm gunned tank thing if i had a pic of it i would show it to you but if you have anything on it.

"My Tank Is Fight"....? If I'm not mistaken, that's classified under the "comedy" or "fiction" sections. I wouldn't use that for a serious reference.

fly boy.. how about taking 2 seconds and doing a quick Google search?

Posting a photo will actually contribute to the forum and help identify what ur referring too.

I found this pic in 2 seconds...

Your question is valid and it's an interesting subject.... Please help by doing some nominal research first.. it helps others.

Attachments

• ratte_800.jpg
    ratte_800.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 1,506
Your P.1500 was never built. It never left the drawing board and was canceled in 1943.

Why?

Because it would have been worthless. Something that big, would have been too slow and too easy of a target for aircraft. Besides it would have sank in the damn mud, it was so damn heavy!

Assuming it did
surely the mother of all anti-tank mines would render it extremely difficult to repair and reasonably easy to finish off with fighter bombers and probably even strategic bombing - it's certainly big enough.

What were they thinking of powering it with? Did Maybach have something on the drawing board too?

A lot of subs could be built for the price of one p.1500

They coulda just put treads on a destroyer...

I would love to see one hit by a Tallboy bomb!

That Dora is one huge gun!!! Same caliber as "Anzio Annie", I presume?

Attachments

• anzioann.gif
    anzioann.gif
    127 KB · Views: 106
  • 1775902188_fa3dc16a7a.jpg
    1775902188_fa3dc16a7a.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 114
Just to give an idea of how big the 800mm projectiles the Dora fired really are:
80_cm_Gustav_shell_compared_to_T-34.jpg

Sounds about right. I knew Annie's were in the 200mm range. Didn't the US bring one back to the states (a Leopold) for testing/training? My braincell is wanting to say its on display at some academy right now....?

Sounds about right. I knew Annie's were in the 200mm range. Didn't the US bring one back to the states (a Leopold) for testing/training? My braincell is wanting to say its on display at some academy right now....?
They brought back a couple K5E guns for testing. The only one left is Leopold, on static at Aberdeen.

The Dora Heavy Gustav were both 800mm guns. The Gustav was used at Sevastapol and the Dora at Stalingrad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back