Votes: 2 1.6%
  • von Manteuffel, General of Panzer Troops Hasso

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paulus, Field Marshal Friedrich

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Other

Votes: 6 4.8%

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
Who was Germany's Greatest General during WWII? I've listed a few below and in my opinion I would take Rommel. But was there some one better? For an insight of their careers check this site:

Generals from Germany

No prob - agreed.

I picked Rommel because he seemed to have a very good grasp of not only tank tactics but warfare in general. And most of his downfalls - if you will - were caused by lack of supplies or cooperation with his superiors. From North Africa to Normandy he fought a battle against his boss on the right course of action which in the end he was justified.

Actually those were my top 3 - Rommel, Guderian and Kesselring. The first two are obvious but Kesselring I thought fought a good fight in Italy.

Going with Manstien. Nothing against Rommel, but he famous in the west where Manstien was more of an eastern general. Did a great job too.

Second, I would go with Guderian. In the same run as other Tank generals. Wrote the book on it.

Rommel, definitely. He was a true general, his head wasn't addled with ideaologies and he wasn't hellbent on persecuting those who didn't fit in.
Guderian was also a great general, he led the way in tank warfare theory and practice in my view

Users who are viewing this thread

Back