Gillespie Field Airshow (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

FLYBOYJ

"THE GREAT GAZOO"
Apr 9, 2005
Colorado, USA
Hey folks, as I mentioned in some of my other posts, I'll be at the Gillespie Field Airshow CA April 28 - May 1. I'll also be at Mojave Airport starting Monday. I'll try to post some photos while on the road and get some answers for RG and Soren :lol: This is a warbird rich enviorment, so those who live close to San Diego Ca should try to get there. I'll be the crewchief for an L-29 flight demo team called the "Thunderdelfins" check out the link! Come by and say hello! 8)

http://www.thunderdelfins.com/

You Lucky git Fly :) I only do the job I do for the mooler definitely not for the love of it, that went west twenty years ago.

For the past several days been on Mojave doing 25 hour inspections on 4 UH-1s, no WWII warbirds, lots of post war stuff (Drakkens, T-33s, Migs, some air racers and Rutan's stuff). Got a good shot of a MiG-15 tail section, Soren and RG could discuss the interior structure. :lol:

Will be at Gillespie tomorrow, was hoping to e mail phots daily, but my lap top doesn't l;ike my digital camera, so I'll send pictures next week. Hope to get some good WWII aircraft structure shots for our ongoing discussion!

=FBJ=

FLYBOYJ said:
Got a good shot of a MiG-15 tail section, Soren and RG could discuss the interior structure. :lol:....Hope to get some good WWII aircraft structure shots for our ongoing discussion!

=FBJ=
Oh boy. :|

Can't wait to see the pics though. :lol:
Have a blast! :cool:

Hey, got home today - had a blast. I had to crewchief the Thunderdelfins aero demonstration team. I got to Fly in the Show on Friday as a "Safety Observer" but played ground pounder the rest of the time. Marlet (F4F), Corsair, P-51, F6F, F8F, B-26, TBM, B-17, T-6, T-28s, and even "Skyraider Bob" was there. I'll be slowly downloading what photos I took on this link. :)

evangilder said:
Hey, was that Martlett Blue and Grey Camo'd?

Yes it was Evan, your boys from Camarillo were there, I tried to talk to them duing the pilot briefings but was too busy. Here ya go!

Attachments

• dscf0077_149.jpg
    dscf0077_149.jpg
    433.3 KB · Views: 680
NICE! It is in one of the other chapters of the CAF, I think in Riverside, but am not totally sure. It was at the Camarillo show last year and was a favorite for most of us for the show. One of the videos I posted on the site has video of it flying with the Zero and the Hellcat.

The pilot told an interesting story of the controllers stopping all traffic into Toronto airport so that they could see him do a couple of flybys! They had never seen one before.

evangilder said:
NICE! It is in one of the other chapters of the CAF, I think in Riverside, but am not totally sure. It was at the Camarillo show last year and was a favorite for most of us for the show. One of the videos I posted on the site has video of it flying with the Zero and the Hellcat.

The pilot told an interesting story of the controllers stopping all traffic into Toronto airport so that they could see him do a couple of flybys! They had never seen one before.

I'm having trouble getting these photos smaller, got more coming, but for now....

Attachments

• dscf0078_976.jpg
    dscf0078_976.jpg
    471 KB · Views: 654
  • dscf0106_214.jpg
    dscf0106_214.jpg
    430.9 KB · Views: 668
  • dscf0107_660.jpg
    dscf0107_660.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 656
Right on! That's our Bearcat, Hellcat and Zero. Did you get a chance to talk to any of those guys. Steve Barber was most likely flying one of those. He typically flies the Zero, but has also flown the other 2. His brother Gary also flies the F6F and the F8F. Great guys.

evangilder said:
Right on! That's our Bearcat, Hellcat and Zero. Did you get a chance to talk to any of those guys. Steve Barber was most likely flying one of those. He typically flies the Zero, but has also flown the other 2. His brother Gary also flies the F6F and the F8F. Great guys.

He sat behind me in the pilot's brief, couldn't get a chance to chat! :cry:

Attachments

• dscf0111_155.jpg
    dscf0111_155.jpg
    373.1 KB · Views: 634
Too bad, Steve is a great guy. Sit down with him for a beer and your sides will hurt with laughter. He is one funny guy. One time, after flying the Yak, I asked him if his name was Barberovitch when he flew the yak. He said no, it's Ivan Yakinoff! :lol:

evangilder said:
Too bad, Steve is a great guy. Sit down with him for a beer and your sides will hurt with laughter. He is one funny guy. One time, after flying the Yak, I asked him if his name was Barberovitch when he flew the yak. He said no, it's Ivan Yakinoff! :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Attachments

• dscf0080_269.jpg
    dscf0080_269.jpg
    402.4 KB · Views: 619

Users who are viewing this thread

Back