eBay: Gliders

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Flying wing Horten D-10-125

s-l1600.jpg

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Horten ?

View attachment 740214

Rather Lippish or Fiesler one.

I think its time to revive them. Moderedly dangerous but it is a good way to get some marines onto an island fast , with gear heavy-ish too.. Even some cannons.
South pacific and Chinese intrest comes to mind.
Sound like a better plane then a Herc on floats.

I always picture them in my mind about 50 meters off shore and the crew paddling to try and get to shallow water to unload the heavy equipment before it sinks.

But I have been accused of being a glass 1/2 empty kinda guy! ;)

DFS SG 38 Schulgleiter

View attachment 761249

frualein's and Gliders! Nice! At 1st glance I thought it was the head-knocker glider with the seat behind the vertical post, but I see the seat is mounted in front of the post on this glider.

I always picture them in my mind about 50 meters off shore and the crew paddling to try and get to shallow water to unload the heavy equipment before it sinks.

But I have been accused of being a glass 1/2 empty kinda guy! ;)
They float. With load. Thats why i think it could be an idea for the mighty USN or Usaaf the be fast with a precence with not too many costs.

There are many tiny islands that perhaps can use some form of assistence.
Bet you a beer both usn and usaaf already have gone to the archive and dusted of some ideas. Did i say a Herc on floats... what a novel idea .. no wait...

How about an ac-10 towing 2 and have some bread in the pocket so to speak.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back