Good list of WWI battles here. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks to me like it covers all the major battles involving Britain. Most of the other major battles are missing from the list.

:?: There's plenty of battles on there that didn't involve Britain at all, Otranto and the Piave immediately spring to mind. If you use the sidebar and view battles by theatre, you will see non-British battles are well covered. Ironically, the French seem to get the worst deal, seems to be relatively little about Verdun (it hasn't been 'broken up' like the Somme has) or the 1917 offensive?

doesn't even mention the Canadians in Paschendaele or the Last Hundred days

As far as I could see, there isn't a single battle on that list fought by Serbian army against Austria-Hungary in 1914 and against combined German, Austrian and Bulgarian forces later in the war.

Does anybody know of a better site with more information?

It's always interesting reading about WWII, but sometimes a WWI itch can get me as well.

I don't know of a single site that adequately covers all the major WWI battles. The 3 major fronts (in order of importance) are Russia, France and Italy.

WarChron - Austro-Germans Recapture Przemysl
WarChron is probably the best web site for the Eastern Front. "The Eastern Front" by Norman Stone is also a great source.

"Myth of the Great War" by Mosier has good coverage of the war in France. Other then that most of the good sources are in French.

The Italian front had some huge battles (larger then most of the BEF fights). Most of the good information is in Italian. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back