Good References Books on the Me-262

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Crimea_River

Marshal
Nov 16, 2008
Calgary
Can anyone recommend a good reference book on the Me-262 for the modeller? Something with lots of pics, scale drawings, profiles. You know the drill.

Thanks

Can anyone recommend a good reference book on the Me-262 for the modeller? Something with lots of pics, scale drawings, profiles. You know the drill.

Thanks

Me262 1,2,3,4. from classic publications

Attachments

• aa3109cl.jpg
    aa3109cl.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 755
  • a86736cl.jpg
    a86736cl.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 336
  • a23000cl.jpg
    a23000cl.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 312
  • a23048cl.jpg
    a23048cl.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 311
Also AJ-Press "Monografie" series, Squadron/Signal publication Walk around and In action series.,
TopDrawins of Kagero , Osprey Modelling Me262.ANd many many others.

Attachments

• Me262 in action.jpg
    Me262 in action.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 420
  • Me262 walk around.jpg
    Me262 walk around.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 358
  • Me262 vol2 Aj-Press.jpg
    Me262 vol2 Aj-Press.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 330
  • Me262 vol1 Aj-Press.jpg
    Me262 vol1 Aj-Press.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 370
  • Me262 topdrawing.jpg
    Me262 topdrawing.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 386
  • Me262 Osprey modelling.jpg
    Me262 Osprey modelling.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 379
  • Me262 Air Battles.jpg
    Me262 Air Battles.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 942
Thanks guys. Lots to chose from but how about quality of the info? Kagero has messed me up before and I'm not sure I want to go there again. I'm very familar with the Squadron books. Great value so I'll probably get those at least. My project is an A-2 model.

Mistakes have occured everywhere also in Osprey and Squadron/Signal publications . These are quite old issues and most of datas there should be updated. Kagero publications have them as well but mostly are updated.ALso Aj-Press books can provide incorrect info.However all of these books are great source for all modellers.Because modelling is not a painting only.

OK Dirk. Ended up picking up both Squadrons Me262 Walk Around and In Action. The usual good info on details and plenty of close-up photos. Also got "Jagdwaffe Vol 5 Section 4 Jet Fighters abd Rocket Interceptors" by Smith and Creek. Nice mix of profiles, photos, and stories. This one mostly deals with various colour schemes.

I know you're working on two 262s: an A-1a/U4 with the 50mm cannon and a B-1a Night Fighter I believe. The Squadron books devote a few pages to these but concentrate mostly on the A-1a. Not much in Jagdwaffe on either one.

The 4 volumes above noted by Piet came highly recommended but these are quite pricey at Amazon.

OK Dirk. Ended up picking up both Squadrons Me262 Walk Around and In Action. The usual good info on details and plenty of close-up photos. Also got "Jagdwaffe Vol 5 Section 4 Jet Fighters abd Rocket Interceptors" by Smith and Creek. Nice mix of profiles, photos, and stories. This one mostly deals with various colour schemes.

I know you're working on two 262s: an A-1a/U4 with the 50mm cannon and a B-1a Night Fighter I believe. The Squadron books devote a few pages to these but concentrate mostly on the A-1a. Not much in Jagdwaffe on either one.

The 4 volumes above noted by Piet came highly recommended but these are quite pricey at Amazon.

I was able to download the Squadron Walk Around book from the Internet. Its a good thing it was free because I wasn't all that impressed with it. I saw the "In Action book at my LHS but didn't need it at the time. Now that I want it I can't seem to find it. Isn't that the way it usually goes?

Where did you get Jagdwaffe Vol 5 Section 4? Was it expensive?

What didn't you like about the Walk-around book and how did you get it for free?

I got Jagdwaffe at the local hobby store I go to when I need stuff like this fast. He stocks quite a few books but charges a lot. The Jagdwaffe book cost me about $40CDN (~37US) which if is way more than buying on Amazon, even if you add the shipping. But, what the heck, I got it NOW, not 3 weeks from now. Here's the link.

http://http://www.amazon.com/Jagdwaffe-Fighters-Interceptors-1944-1945-Luftwaffe/dp/1903223520/ref=cm_lmf_tit_20/190-6509784-9888541

Users who are viewing this thread

Back