Goodyear F2G-1 "Super Corsair"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good Evening Comrades!

My actually 1/72 project is the "SuperCorsair" by SPECIAL HOBBY. It´s a shortrun. It´s a nice Kit with resin, flat tires and photoetching parts but the Propeller is inaccurate and the motor is not the right.
Propeller: not problem -> I have take the hamilton standard from quickboost for P-47 Thunderbolt.

BUT THE ENGINE: In the Kit a normal Pratt Whitney R-2800 with 2 * 9 cylinders. But you need a 4*7 cylinder P W R-4360.

Please Help: I need pics, drawings from this engine

Horrido
Andreas

I must break.
The kit contains a false engine.
The new is ordered.
You can see:There comes a lot work for the spatula.

Horrido
Trecker

Attachments

• Pc160002.jpg
    Pc160002.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 310
Looking good form me.Have you compared the main pieces to any drawings? What about its dimensions?

Hallo Wojtek!

If you take "In detail and scale" then the model is 1 mm to long; wingspan ok.
If you compares with "Monografie Lotnicze" are both ok.
But I believe that I become problems with the flaps for the rear-tire. I think they are not ok.

Horrido
Trecker

Hallo,
Hum...1mm longer.For 1:72 scale quite a lot.But the mistake can be in drawings.Did you count wingspan and lenght for 1:72 scale?

It looks really good.But for me these flat-tires look a bit strange.I've seen many flugzeugen and no one had as flat tires as these are offered.Even if the plane was standing on concrete surface.Simply it looks like there was not any air in the tires.I think it should be much slightly.

Hallo Wojtek!
In my opinion is the flat (?) ok for the Corsair. I have compared with photos.
If would the flat tire not ok I had would taken the tire for corsair from ITALIERIs F4U-5 and so on (also very nice).
Horrido
trecker

I have gone through some books about Corsaire.There some examples of tyres.As you can see these aren't flat almost.I think that the problem is that when a plane is parked on a ground,its wheels go a bit deep into the soft ground because of the plane weight.But when it stands on a surface made of concrete the flats of tyres are less visible,unless the plane was very heavy.What do you think?

Attachments

• tires Corsair 1.jpg
    tires Corsair 1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 207
  • tires Corsair 2.jpg
    tires Corsair 2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 208
  • tires Corsair 3.jpg
    tires Corsair 3.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 208
  • tires Corsair 4.jpg
    tires Corsair 4.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 211
  • tires Corsair.jpg
    tires Corsair.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 220
Wojtek you make some good points about the weight of aircraft and the affect on the tyres. A point of interest that modellers sometimes over do in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back