Goofing around with photoshop

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thorlifter

Captain
Jun 10, 2004
Knoxville, TN
I have been trying to learn photoshop to make some better siggy's lately. Here's one I did in about 15 minutes.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 193
Hi Thorlifter,
It looks very nice.Good idea.But if you would use some effects from Layer Options/Mixture Effects/Settings you could get some additional effect that could make the pic much more attractive.
LIke these in the pic.It took me 6 minutes to make it , including the time of loading the main pic.

Attachments

• TL.jpg
    TL.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 170
  • TL1.jpg
    TL1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 168
  • TL2.jpg
    TL2.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 191
Wish I had Photoshop. :( But I just got a freeware called glimp or gimp. It seems to work if I could just figure it out. Mostly stumbling through. (Ohhh I like that....how did I do that?) :)

Njaco....

Gimp completely rocks. I've been playing with it for about 2 months now and It's completely free, plus you can download GimpShop which is an addon to Gimp that makes all the commands 100% compatible with PhotoShop.

If you want to play with graphics, I HIGHLY recommend Gimp.

Thats a great idea!! I don't know what they're talking about when they say layers,mask, etc...

Thor, from what I see - only had about a week - it is a great program. Now if only I .....

Nice work Thor but I like your Corsair way better, Yeah wish I could do some of that stuff,would have done a 'Wayne in OZ' by now if I was able...with a D9 or ta152 theme.....hint.. hint..Wurger!!!

The only problem with a photoshop how to thread is that they are many different versions, and there are a couple of different programs. There is Adobe CS2 and CS3 which include photoshop, photoshop elements and a number of other things. If you google for photoshop tutorials, you will find a lot of useful stuff!

Thorliftor, I like the Bf 109. If you remove the border over the wing in the forground, it will look like the plan is breaking through the border.

dbII

The only problem with a photoshop how to thread is that they are many different versions, and there are a couple of different programs. There is Adobe CS2 and CS3 which include photoshop, photoshop elements and a number of other things. If you google for photoshop tutorials, you will find a lot of useful stuff!

Yes I agree with Evan.There are many Photoshop versions but the idea of the thread is cool.:D

Mastering Photoshop is like an artist mastering a paint brush. The better you get, the more you realize how much you dont know and the more you want to learn.

The basics are very easy but to really make it sing you need a lot of skill and patience.

For some people it's a tool for photo manipulation for others, it's a way to channel artistic expression.

Thanks... I've been using it for 10 years but I still have a ton to learn. it's easy to get lazy!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back