Got a FANTASTIC surprise today (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thorlifter

Captain
Jun 10, 2004
Knoxville, TN
Left work today and was riding my motorcycle enjoying the nice cool air. I heard a rumble that started to get louder and louder. Once I stopped at a red light, I looked up and there was a B-17 above my head!!!!!! Well, I work by Love Field in Dallas so I figured the Collins foundation was coming back to town. Sure enough, I get over by the Air Museum and the B-25, Tondelejo, is already parked, the B-17, Nine-O-Nine, had landed and was waiting about 1/2 way up the runway off to the side, and the B-24, WitchCraft, has just landed and was taxiing up. So I got to watch the two big bombers park.

Man, there is no getting over the sound of those 4 engines revving up!!!! <shivers>

If any of you guys are in Dallas and can make it to Love Field this weekend, let me know and I'll try to meet you there. There is a sports bar across Mockingbird and we could go for a beer!

Quite a treat!

I've run out of the house many times to the magical sounds of a warbird droning through the air!

cool!

Left work today and was riding my motorcycle enjoying the nice cool air. I heard a rumble that started to get louder and louder. Once I stopped at a red light, I looked up and there was a B-17 above my head!!!!!! Well, I work by Love Field in Dallas so I figured the Collins foundation was coming back to town. Sure enough, I get over by the Air Museum and the B-25, Tondelejo, is already parked, the B-17, Nine-O-Nine, had landed and was waiting about 1/2 way up the runway off to the side, and the B-24, WitchCraft, has just landed and was taxiing up. So I got to watch the two big bombers park.

Man, there is no getting over the sound of those 4 engines revving up!!!! <shivers>

If any of you guys are in Dallas and can make it to Love Field this weekend, let me know and I'll try to meet you there. There is a sports bar across Mockingbird and we could go for a beer!

Man, you´re lucky guy! What about some pics?
BTW, what kind of motorcykle do you have? I had Yamaha XT600Z Ténéré (enduro, as I like off road) but sold it since my son was born as I needed to buy a car...

I'll see if I can find the pics I took last year as I wont be taking any this year. I have been in all three of those planes several times so no need to take pictures of the same thing again.

What I'll be doing today is hanging out in the hanger and seeing what they have. Last year they had a couple Tuskeegee airmen. Really neat to talk with those guys.

Seesul, a couple years ago when gas prices started to really get high, I bought a Kawasaki Ninja to ride to work. It's a really small bike, only 250cc, but I bought it because it gets 70mpg. And since my Ford F150 SuperCrew only gets about 16, well, you do the math. It's a bit loud on the freeway since it's reving 8400rpm at 70mph, but other than that, it's so fun to ride.

In this pic, both of these are 250's and mine looks like the one in the back.

Attachments

• Ninja.jpg
    Ninja.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 220
Here are a couple pics from last year when they were here.

Attachments

• IMG_0341.JPG
    IMG_0341.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0351.JPG
    IMG_0351.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_0352.JPG
    IMG_0352.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_0356.JPG
    IMG_0356.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 204
  • P1010006.JPG
    P1010006.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 220
  • P1010008.JPG
    P1010008.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 204
  • P1010016.JPG
    P1010016.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 211
They will be in the Houston area next week!!! I wish I had the extra cash for a ride. I will swing buy and get a couple of shots. Love hearing those engines fire up.

DBII

No doubt. While I was at the flight museum to see the warbirds today, there were little ones running all over the place having a ball.

Enjoy your time with your little ones when you take them. Wonderful memories.

Let's see...........

Sexy nightie from Victoria's Secret for beautiful wife........................$100.00
Champagne and caviar for romantic afternoon while kids are in school.$150.00
Rushing out of the house screaming "Radial engines" just as she models for for you..............Priceless.

Yeah, there is something about that sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back