Great book! Lightning Strike-The Secret Mission to Kill Admiral Yamamoto

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Messy1

Master Sergeant
Nov 21, 2007
Ankeny, Iowa
If you have not purchased or read about this book, this is a great read. Very entertaining and informative.

Deals with the controversy of the plot to kill Yamamoto, weather the raid should or should not have been executed, and ultimately, who actually brought him down. The first 350 pages details the preceding events in the years before, profiles all major figures involved in great detail, and then finally the last 50 pages are dedicated to the raid itself, the controversy over who actually brought down his plane, and the evidence to support the truth about what happened. I really enjoyed this book, it is a great read, and will be on my book shelf for years to come!

Amazon.com: Lightning Strike: The Secret Mission to Kill Admiral Yamamoto and Avenge Pearl Harbor (9780312309077): Donald A. Davis: Books

Attachments

• 9780312309077.jpg
    9780312309077.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Interesting. How does it compare to Carroll Glines' book "Attack on Yamamoto"? He also provided an assessment of who was responsible for shooting down Yamamoto's aircraft. It would be good to know whether Davis has uncovered any truly new information or if he's rehashing Glines' earlier research and assessments.

I have not read Attack on Yamamoto yet. IIRC, Davis does cite that book in his credits. I'll have to look for that one too. If anyone on the forum has read both, I'd be interested in hearing how they compare.

Tom Hanks, are you listening? This needs to be a movie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back