Great Wall kits (1:48)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

YakFlyer

Airman 1st Class
Jan 15, 2007
Canterbury, NZ
Hi folks,

Anyone happen to have any experience with Great Wall? I have found a Fw189 in 1:48 that I am very keen on, but very skeptical as I have never heard of this brand before. Any thoughts?
cheers :)

Yakflyer

Haven't built any myself, but reviews and reports are good. There's a build of their FW189 on the forum, somewhere in modelling, but can't remember who did it.

I have this Great Wall kit in my stash and am very much impressed with the moulding and detail, there are also a couple of extra bits in the box, etched detail and a canopy mask set. For me it will be a fun and challenging kit to build and to this end I've also added a few extras from the or Eduards range for internal, external and surface use.

One just hopes the fitment will be as good as the moulding and detail.

Airframes may also be thinking of a build by T.Bolt in GB.10, but this was an MPM kit. Here's the link.

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/10-focke-wulf-messerschmitt/done-fw-189-a1-v7-1h-me-fw-group-build-28949.html

Thanks Vic, that's the one I was thinking off - got it confused with a magazine build feature of the GW kit.

I have to say that the walk through the boxes of the Fw-189 and the P-61 leave me with a favorable impression. I tried a couple of dry fits of fuses and such and I did not see any HUGE issues. But, I have yet to build either of them.
Later,
Dale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back